D@mned overcorrecting orthotics!...

As I'm sure most of you know, I've been suffering from knee-pain, on & off for 5 months now. I recently received my custom orthotics from my podiatrist, thinking these would be the pancea. He also told me to wear them in a less cushioned, more supportive shoe, cue Asics DS Trainer & 1070, as I overpronate, although he didnt say how severely.
I will admit, since I've worn them in, my knee pain is nowhere near what it was, & I find myself less worried about it, but now I think i've developed ITB! My left outer hip, just below the pelvis aches like hell when I run. Could the orthitics and shoe combo be overcorrecting my stability problem and brought this on? I've got an appointment to have them (the orthotics) 'fitted' in 3 weeks, but they does say forewarned is forearmed, etc. Any thoughts anyone, Dr. V-Rap?
Cheers all,
KK

Comments

• drewdrew ✭✭✭
    KK, doesn't sound like ITB syndrome as that would cause pain localised to the outside of your knee. It seems a bit too high up for this.

It's not a stress fracture either, because you wouldn't be able to run at all, based on where the pain is.

Could be a tear.

Is there a tender spot where the pain is and are there any leg movements that cause similar pain when you're not running?
  • No real tender spots, swinging the leg aggravates it, but ice helps. Going to see a sports massage/therapist guy tommorow, see if I can get it sorted ASAP. I have a bad habit of letting injuries linger...