Aberdeen running clubs

Does anyone know of any nice friendly running clubs in Aberdeen or the surrounding area? Or any willing training partners?

Comments

• Hi Bryony
    I'm looking for a training parter too!
    I am a begginer currently running about 4 times a week. I tend to do about an hour for my longer (slow!) runs, and 30 - 40 minutes for my shorter ones. I've entered my first 10K in May (Great calendonian run, which is my main goal, and hope to build up from there. I live in the Rosemount area in Aberdeen.
  • I live in rosemount too- well off midstocket road! I haven't lived in Aberdeen long, where are good places to go running! I used to run when I was at school (5 years ago!) I have run a bit since but want to get back into it! I have entered the Loch Ness 10k in October but now think that is a bit far away and so will probably enter another one in the summer. the aim is to be able to do the 10k in october in under 45 minutes. Though prob not up to doing 1 hour long runs yet! am dragging the boyfriend out this weekend for my first run since october, but sadly he doesn't live in Aberdeen at the moment.
  • Bryony & Rachel

Take a look at the Scottish Runners thread.

There are people from Aberdeen who post on there, and I know I've seen a couple of postings about club runs recently.
  • Thanks Flying Fifer

I usually run around the local Rosemount/queens cross area. Hazelhead park is really good, and depending on how fit your feeling, you could run up Kings gate to get there (long hill). You might still be able to enter the Bupa Great Caledonian Run on the 8th May - it's on the greatrun.org website. I'm aiming to run it in under 50 mins (fingers crossed). Heaps of luck for your run at the weekend.
  • Thanks
    Have now (perhaps rashly) entered the Great Caledonian Run. I will let you knwo how I get on at the weekend and then see if you want to go for a run?
    Still thinking about a running club I will try the scottish forum soon, my main problem is I often don't finish work till late and some seem to go out as early as 6 or so.
  • Stu92Stu92 ✭✭✭
    I usually run along the old train line from Duthie Park to Petercuter but it can be dark since there is no streets lights along it.

Another local event with a twist is the Ythan Challenge. Their is also the Aberdeen 10k in May (I think).

http://ythanchallenge.org.uk/
  • Stu92Stu92 ✭✭✭
    Don't know which clubs are friendly but you can find a list of clubs at:

http://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/clubs.php
  • Rachel/Bryony,
    I'm Rosemount too and member of Aberdeen Running Sisters. We meet 4 times a week, running various routes throughout town. I've posted some stuff on the scottish runners thread, but if you'd like further info on our schedules, just let me know.
    Susan
  • Ooh - Aberdeen people! I live in Newtonhill, so even though I'm not in the town, I'm still in the Aberdeen area. I was wondering about running clubs or someone to run with, because sometimes running with someone who's just that little bit faster helps pull you along. And the company is good, plus it's a good safety feature!
  • Cool! I live in Aberdeen too and was wondering about good running places, I live around Don St in Old Aberdeen, so quite close to Seaton Park; not the best place to run alone in low light from it's reptutation! I have been in Aberdeen for 4 months now.

Q
  • Susan could you email me the schedule- i tried to look on the scottish runners thread but there were so many pages!!
    Thank you
  • I can do Bryony. Your details are private so do you want to e-mail at susan.whyte@arh.grampian.scot.nhs.uk and I'll forward the schedules. Our annual membership is £7 but come along for a few sessions first and see how you enjoy it.
    Susan
  • Hello hello hello! This is all fantabulous! I live here too! - I'm on the Spital (parallel to Kings street)... let me know if any of you join any good clubs!