Options

Great North Run - Number

We haven't got ours although the run is very close - as anyone got their's yet or is anyone still waiting?

Comments

• Options
    Haven't got mine either. Got an email on Aug 19 saying it would be sent out "in the next two weeks" - so should be any time now, hopefully.
  • Options
    I got that e-mail too, fingers crossed then in the next few days.
  • Options
    I did the run last year and don't remember it coming through late. When I get it, I'll post a new 'thread' - if you do the same then we'll know if one of us has been left numberless!
  • Options
    Haven't got mine either and like Arnie can't remember when it came last year but seem to think it was about two weeks before so still plenty of time!
  • Options
    I thnk it was about 3 weeks before the run last year, so hopefully we should have them by the end of next week.
    There was a lot of confusion with the covering letter, telling you to check your number against a number on the letter which was in the wrong place. the helpline was swamped with people (me included) who thought that they had the wrong number.Hope that is sorted for this year.
  • Options
    not yet, but it should of been 6 weeks before which has past
  • Options
    Hi,

I got my race number through end of last week. Just got to get the miles in now.

Debs
  • Options
    yes got mine this morning
  • Options
    AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Got mine this morning. Was fit at time when entered and hoping for a good time. Things went pear shaped over the summer with a torn calf/achilles...

Just to rub salt in this unfit persons wounds - i've been allocated an 'elite' number..

At least i'll be on tv!!!!!! Might do a Frank Bruno for the first 1/2m...
  • Options
    Got mine this morning! Need to keep up the training now.
  • Options
    Got mine too - but I think it came with a free bonus injury that I'm struggling to get over! Swings and roundabouts...
  • Options
    I've just got over straining my foot, I only ran once in 2 weeks, I've got over that now thankfully.

Do you have to travel far to get to the GNR? I live in Kent so not look forward to the long drive, but am looking forward to the run very much.
  • Options
    Not nearly as far as you - I live in Leeds. I'm staying in Newcastle the night before, and also the Sunday night. Last year I went back down straight after the race, but decided I wanted to have a proper celebration this time.

Good to know you are now injury free - I've got a strange thing going on where my right foot goes numb after about 30mins of running. Apparently it's caused by a nerve problem in my back, so I'm doing lots of back exercises and not a lot of running at the moment.

Can't wait for the race - really enjoyed it last year. Have you done it before?
  • Options
    I did it in 1991 & 1992 but not since. We're staying in Yarm, and travelling up to Newcastle first thing in the morning. I lived in Redcar when I was a child and in my teens so know the area well. We're travelling back to Kent after the run (via Oxford to collect my children) - luckily my parents are driving so I'll just sit in the back and collapse. I was a spectator for 2 or 3 years while my husband and Father did it. I had a baby a year ago so have set the GNR as a goal to run, get fit and lose the weight I gained while I was pregnant. I feel very proud of myself and will feel even more so once I pass that finish line. I'm really looking forward to it, the atmosphere is always really great.

• Options
    Yeah, the atmosphere was superb last year. It was the first mass run I'd done and loved it - although that last mile on the seafront seemed like a hell of a long way!

I ran it with a mate last year, but he's not doing it this year. My wife was in training up until a couple of months ago but was forced to drop out with a foot problem and hasn't been able to run since - it would have been her first 1/2 marathon, which is a shame. She'll be watching at the start and then zooming to the finish.

I found it a hard enough achievement anyway - so God knows how difficult it must be to run after having a baby. Respect!
  • Options
    I haven't got my number yet and neither has Mr Patty should we be getting worried?
  • Options
    Received my'n yesterday. The gouling thing is after this weekends effort I can't do it. Boo hoo.
  • Options
    Patty - looking at this forum over the last week, they seem to be arriving in dribs and drabs, so I'd give it a few days before phoning.

Pete - what happened at the weekend?
  • Options
    I only got mine yesterday. Don't know if they go on last name order because mine is at the end of the alphabet!! I seem to remember I didn't get last year's until about two weeks before so don't despair. As long as you can find your name on the net site you are OK.
  • Options
    Arnie - did the HIghclere 10K MT race. Old problem with the knee which has so far cost BUPA about £1500 re-occured.
  • Options
    Arnie - I'm in Leeds too, are you in a club at all?
    I've tried to get to the Abbey Runners in West Park but I missed them by 5 minutes I think!
    Now that the evenings are getting dark it's an absolute mustency to sort something out for myself otherwise it's circuit training which makes me ill!
  • Options
    We got our numbers yesterday morning,really looking forward to it .
  • Options
    I received mine yesterday. I've never run it before and am really looking forward to it. Although my details were on the web site, I never received a initial confirmatory letter because my address had been wrongly transcribed from my entry form. It might be worth contacting the 'helpline' to check that they've got your correct address.
  • Options
    I've never run it before either, any advice? Just aiming to get round, nothing flash, certainly 2.15+. Also do you think joining a club keeps your motivation up over the winter?