Prague Half Marathon

I'm thinking about doing this as a slightly more adventurous alternative to the Reading Half. Anyone out there done it, or thinking of doing it this year?

Comments

• I was thinking of doing it too with my husband Mick but there are plenty of Uk halfs on that weekend which will work out a lot cheaper. I've never been to Prague though and would like to go.
    Can anyone convince us to go?
  • GuyGuy ✭✭✭
    I did the Prague marathon this year, and think that the half marathon course is fairly similar. If so, it should be a fairly flat run round bits of the old town, along the river, and then back into the old town. A lot of the bits in the old town are on cobbles, which is not what you want towards the end of a marathon. It might not feel quite as bad at the end of a half, but still wouldn't be my surface of choice.

Prague itself is a very pleasant place for a weekend. For myself, I don't think I would bother to go all that way for a half, given the number that you can do in England, but if you have got the time and money, and want a weekend away, it is a good option.
  • Cheers for that Guy, for me it would very much be a case of combining the run with a long weekend away as it's somewhere that I'd like to visit anyway.

Don't like the sound of those cobbles though ;-)
  • After I do FLM this year, my aim will be to do lots of different half marathons. I certainly have my eye on the Prague one for the future. I think running is a great way to see a new place. A half marathon seems a good distance because it's enough of a run to make it worth going there, but not so far/hard that you can't walk easily for three days afterwards like after the marathon. With a half, you can still walk around and enjoy the town even the same day of the race.
  • Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I've never run a marathon, and don't think I'd be in much of a mood for sightseeing after running one...!