Worthing 10k

hi guys,
just thought it might be interesting to do a bit of a roll call. shall we meet up?
i'm number 896 by the way - feel free to cheer me on or stop and say hello!
susannah

Comments

• I'm not!

I was really looking forward to this but have now hurt both my hip and knee so cannot run.

Good luck to all doing this.

I want to run too!

Susannah - I have e-mailed you
  • Isn't there anyone else doing this? I'll be there supporting, cheering on Mrs Skip.
  • well, it looks like it's just me and Mrs Skip then! i'll tell you all about it on monday.
  • Hello, I haven't actually entered but spoke to the very helpful lady in charge who said that turning up on the day was OK. Thought i'd be too busy to enter, but actually tomorrow doesn't look too bad, so I'd love to run. Can anyone tell me where to meet up and wher's best to park? (Splash Point isn't marked on my OS map!) Many thanks!
  • Minde

I think the start is on Worthing sea front at Marine Parade, just east of the pier and tourist information offices, which should be obvious.

There's plenty of parking on the streets around, but if that is full of Christmas shoppers, there are some useful parking spaces on the A259 Brighton Road just as you get into Worthing from the Brighton direction - it will be a short walk from there.
  • Skip
    Thanks a lot - hope to make it down there tomorrow to claim my mince pie!
  • Spalshpoint is just behind and just west of the Aquarena swimming pool, the rowing club is the base and will be open early for coffee etc. There is a small carpark adjacent to the Aquarena and then you just walk towards the seafront.

Always entry on the day too. I will be there, planning to get there about 9am, not sure of my number but will be with Brighton and Hove Running sisters group, will keep an eye out for u all!
  • Hope you all had a good run, I entered for the 5k and then finally ran the 10k.

Found the going out nice and easy until I turned, phew the wind was quite hard work. not a very good time just over the hour I think, but at least it blew the cobwebs away.
  • Hi. I thought it was a really nice run, although the grass was slippy. Despite having had 4 or 5 glasses of wine and 4 hours sleep the night before (our running club Christmas do) I still set a PB.

Well organised, nice course, see you next year.

Mrs Skip
  • I had a complete disaster! Got to Worthing eventually, having got lost and been to Goring, then been round the one way system several times. Found a car park and a toilet then couldn't find my money to enter the race! After searching desperately I decided that I obviously wasn't meant to do this one and went home to sulk. Was thinking of you all at 11o'clock, hoping you were enjoying your pies. See you next year (will enter in advance and go with someone else as I obviously can't be trusted!)
  • my first race and i really enjoyed it! everyone was very friendly. the high point of the day though has to be that i wasn't last!! i did the 10k in about 68minutes which i am very happy with. and yes, that wind into your face after the turnaround was a killer!

and thank-you to village runner for keeping me company - it was good having someone i knew (even if only virtually) there to stop me worrying!

now i have to look to my next race, 9.8miles in january. i'm sure i'll enjoy it - i'm just not so sure that i won't be last this time!
  • Well done Susannah, you can't have been far behind me anyway.

Anothers women only in May, Epsom Allsorts are holding it.

Good luck in January, are you local to Worthing?
  • Dips,
    no i'm not near worthing at all, i live in salisbury! i chose that race, even though it was far away, because it looked like it would be friendly and flat!