Here we go then
Very, very short jog around the block
1 mile, runners trots, ang no more time
Bring on tonights chips and beans
Enjoy the day , everyone, will try to log on later if posss
Pixie, welcome back!

Comments

• GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Hope the day's not too bad Benz. Morning to everyone, hope you had a good trip EP.

Thanks for improving my education V-rap. Had to look up gastropod and Raynaud's Syndrome to work out what they are. The Raynaud's sounds most unpleasant and I hope it goes away as quickly as possible.

Some gastropods are very tasty though!
  • Morning Benz. Looks like we're the only early risers here.

Morning you latecomers.

No moreChristmas lunches - 5k round the lake this lunchtime. Definite.

Wish that mince pie left over from yeaterday would stop shouting at me...
  • Gosh, what a lot of sleepy heads.

Just coz it's cold, icy, grey and dark - that's no excuse for not being up and bouncing.

Tea brewing about to launch into apple, no Xmas lunches today - today will be good for us all

Happy Wednesday

Nick
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    No Christmas lunches Nick? Shall we go up the pub then?
  • - see who says Glenn & I have no will power

focussed, dynamic executive decision makers us - anyone else in Hemel at lunchtime?
  • Don't think I could stretch lunch out long enough to get there and back from MK.

Have one for me and I'll put in an extra speed session for you. Deal?
  • Sax - done

If you travel by Silverlink today you'd need to leave now coz all their points are too cold (umm - its called winter, catches out everytime!)
  • "What? Another winter? But we had one last year, didn't we? Surely we can't be in for another one now?"
    - Silverlink (unofficial) spokesperson
  • Gosh, another MK-ite! I've just e-mailed my cousin there to try to arrange a family gathering next week. Arranging a sesh with Saxplayer and Happy Hobbit would be much more appealing, though.

I was really late getting up this morning and am now having such of my breakfast as wasn't portable enough to eat in the car while my windscreen was clearing.

Almost had a strangled Kevin this morning. Summary:

6pm yesterday:
    Me: Do you want to make some cakes for school, Kevin?
    Kevin: NO! Why would I want to do THAT?

7.30pm yesterday:
    Kevin sees that her father has bought lots of Christmassy icing cutters.

8pm yesterday:
    Kevin: Mu-u-u-u-um, I really need to make something to take to school before Christmas, and it's got to be tonight because tomorrow's my last full day of school.
    So the next two hours were spent making iced shortbread discs.

8am today:
    Me: Kevin, your biscuits are in this bag. Don't forget it.
    Kevin: What do you expect me to do with them? I mean, I can hardly walk into the class and say "Anyone want a biscuit", can I? Why did you make me make biscuits anyway?

I will not record what follows in case anyone involved in child protection is watching. Fay Weldon could use Kevin as inspiration for the supporting cast in some of her more vicious novels.

To work!
  • V-Rap - actually MK is my work location, I live near Banbury in a little village with only about 1 mile of streets altogether. I'm running lunchtimes through the week to avoid hedgehog syndrome on the dark country lanes.
  • Morning all.

V-rap, you make kids sound so appealling. I worked out yesterday if I got pregnant it might give me just enought time off work to get a puppy. Not too sure what to do with the kid after - would you like another one?

I had a good run last night, after feeling run down and lathargic (no I dea if thats spelt right) I thought a run in the icy cold might do me good. Not sure if it was the run or the twelve foot santa suck on someones roof that perked me up.

Anyway, lets hope for a better day and I'll see if I can persuade any of the dull lot in the office that a trip to the pub at lunch is a good idea (GlennNick leeds is still too far away)
  • Morning all, what a lovely day it is here in Purley. Just been for a 6 miler and the sun looked so beautiful through the trees. Really lifts the spirit. Injury still a bit niggly but better than before. Got to phone Physio to see what to do next.

V-rap, I love Kevin! I think I must have been like her and am now suffering form pay-back ;-) How are your hands this morning?

Saxplayer, you live in a lovely part of the country, you lucky thing. Take care of those hedgehogs - if you don't get them the cars and badgers will though.

Is EP back today? If so, welcome oh travelling one! Hope Stockholm was fab.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    I would usually suggest that you move to the civilised world Tulips, but Hemel doesn't really fall into that category. Makes Middlesborough look cosmopolitan.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise you were in Purley Redhead. It's so beatiful there with the hills and trees - used to live next to Purley Oaks, facing the park.
  • Crikey Glenn, small world. We've been here 10 years now but are hoping to move in the next few months (fingers crossed that the sale and purchase go through OK). I love the Farthing Downs.
  • Morning Redhead - 6 miles after a lay-off is well impressive. You must have got some sleep!
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Just acquired roasted vegetable and humous bap from the sandwich truck. Time for a small snack...
  • Glenn, you wholefoodie! Hope it's as good as a bacon buttie.

Tulips, go for it. I would gladly have another anklebiter or ten if I didn't have to be pregnant first (I had easy pregnancies but still found them very tedious) and if it's genetically not mine it might have a chance of being normal.

Susie, shall I send Kevin down to provide some respite care for your mother? She'd probably be quite competent - since she was very small she's been far happier as a pretend-adult than as a child.
  • v-rap, wouldn't you prefer a puppy?
  • Tempted, Tulips, but no.

Children eventually become capable of making their own breakfast and making mine too, whereas grown-up puppies just develop more imaginative ways of raiding the cupboards.

And you don't need to take a poop-scoop when you take the kids out for a walk.

Seriously, one day I will put a roof over the head of a retired greyhound. But not yet.
  • Capability and desire are far removed in the minds of the average offspring, though. The alto sax CAN make his own tea, get himself a drink, get me a drink, run his own shower etc., but in practice, has parents to carry out all these functions for him and therefore merely issues orders.
  • True, Saxplayer.

When my Tinkerbell was two-and-a-bit, Kevin's posh friend's nanny came to drop Kevin off and stopped for a cuppa. While we were sitting in the kitchen chatting, Tinkerbell came in and started getting out cereal packets and asking me to pour some milk into a bowl. The nanny just gawped as my toddler warmed up some Weetabix in the microwave, took it out without spiling a drop, fetched a spoon and tucked in.

Apparently it's a social class thing - the children she looked after had all remained functionally incompetent into their teens. That day, we were down there along with the spaced-out crackheads whose seven-year-olds can get themselves and three or four younger kids fed, dressed and off to school without any parental input at all.

Alas, we missed that window of opportunity. Tinkerbell now sits at the table and demands that breakfast is provided for her.
  • I still have parents to do such tasks. They have years of practice and so are far more efficient than me.

I work on the theory of watch and learn not practice makes perfect.
  • Nick - I sympathis over Silverlink - I have to use the three carriage crush-wagon from Clapham Junction to Olympia. Anyone ever think of sticking an extra carriage on?

They always get caught out by the leaves falling - I mean it's not like it's predictable or anything. They now don't have the nerve to say "leaves on the line", they say "poor rail adhesion conditions" at my local station. Personally I call it a bad design decision, but I don't expect them to ever admit that when designing the trains they missed that it would have to deal with (shock, gasp) leaves!
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Friends

I've been formally requested to invite you to the Over 60s thread party. As far as I can tell it's sometime early next week, but it's difficult to tell among the general senile rambling.

No girlie drinks.
  • Hope it doesn't clash with our party!

I'm not coming unless I can have a raspberry Bacardi Breezer in a champagne saucer with flashing ice cubes, multicoloured cocktail cherries and an umbrella. And a bendy straw.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Monday and Tuesday next week apparently. Passed on your request V-rap. They've started to foam at the mouth a bit but they do that most of the time anyway.
  • Not too sure glen not after you're north of leicester and south of whitbey comment in Room 101