lock laces

I've followed the instructions, but here's the problem, i have fairly narrow feet, so the trainers have to be done up tight.
It says to tie a knot the other side of the locking mechanism, i understand wht it needs to be done, but i can't get the trainers off?!?!? so come transition on a upcoming duathlon i am tempted to put the laces back on.

What advice does anyone have??

Comments

• Never had a problem with mine - but I haven't got particularly narrow feet.

Do your trainers need to be tight ? New Balance do shoes in different widths - maybe that's what you need ?

I've never had a shoe come off on me in 3 years of using them, but I wouldn't use them for a X country event where the mud would suck the trainers off.
  • fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    am with cougs on this - never had a problem with lock laces at all. in fact why bother with the knot as the locks will still do up tight anyway.
  • Have been back to shop "FRONT RUNNER" and he said same as you buddha, he's bever bothered with the knots either, cheers both of you!
  • fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    glad you have it sorted BB - I use lock laces all the time in my trainers - not just for tris - as I think they are more comfortable to run with as they allow the foot to expand naturally.....like cougs I only use laces in off roaders 'cos of "mud suck"
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    What do George Michael and offroad shoes have in common?

They both get sucked off in bogs.

I thank you.