help meee!!!

hi everyone

I use to be a really serious athlete competing in the 400m running a good 49sec, so my general health is pretty sound, but i really want to get back in training as i have just entered the london 1/2 marathon at Silverstone.

The problem i have is getting started. I know what to do, what to eat and not, but i cant force myself to get out and train.

Any ideas on how to do it?

cheers.....
Si

Comments

• Greetings Simon

To quote a well known sports gear manufacturer, 'just do it' If you've not run for a while, or even if you have, don't think too much about what you're going to do and how fast you need to go, just get your running kit on and go out for a short (whatever that is for you) easy run just for the fun of it. Hopefully you'll enjoy it and feel better for having done it so next time it'll be easier.

Alternatively, find a friend who runs and arrange a time to go out together thus placing the obligation on you to actually do it.

Good luck and happy running.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    How much do you actually want to do this 1/2m! If a lot, then get those trainers on and start training.

How about finding someone to train with, going to a club, gym etc
  • thanks guys. I have just sat down this morning and planned out a training schedule up to the race and already i feel more motivated.

I really want to do this race. Last year i ran the Windsor 1/2 marathon and didnt train and i felt the pain a lot, i ran 1h45m but would like to go quicker... a nice sub 90min would be great.

Si