Wednesday session 8 Jan

Morning all - extremely cold here in Germany this morning, minus 13.5 degrees as I got in my car. Would anyone like to have a debate regarding global warming?

Yesterdays cross training was a hard indoor biking session (30 minutes on level 7 of 10 covering 15.5 kilometres) plus some rowing and sit ups, consequently I'm feeling a little wiped out. So.......

Today: Possibly rest
Why: Feeling a bit wiped out plus knee a bit sore - don't want to overstress it.
Last rest: 30 Dec
Last Hard: N/A

Comments

• Martin,

Isn't your temperature affected by being up in the hills?
    10 degrees warmer here, which is still pretty unpleasant. At least the wind seems to be light & fairly dry - no extra ice forming.

what: 40 minute plod
    why: as per schedule - recovery from last night

last hard(ish) day: Tue
    last rest day: Mon
    last long day: Sun
  • hi all,

what : probably not much
    why : still got pain in back of heel from sunday's run. first sign of pain was on steep uphill section of 7 mile run. any ideas anyone? had a look on the injuries section and it sounds like calcaneal bursa but not sure.
    last hard : sunday
    last rest : mon, tues....
  • Seem to have two of these threads going today - have I posted on the wrong one?
  • Mike - Its about 5 degrees colder where I live than in Frankfurt! That means is bloody freezing in winter but pleasant in the summer.
  • I'll keep going here

B@#*&£r, was hoping my left knee was repairing when I succeeded in pulling left calf muscle at club session last night, after warm-up & stretches and just as we were about to start the hard session. Walked home limping. Any new left legs for sale - sfh variety to match the other. Probably a consequence of Xtraining not working the calves - past experience is 4/5 days recovery.

what: rest
    why: enforced see above
    last hard day: sun?
    last rest: sat

Good training all speedy marathoners in making
  • Matin H - I think you've got our weather. Can we have it back please as we can't open our ski slopes.

Two degrees here, sunny and warming up.

What: 45 mins steady, and a swim
    Why: Feeling a bit better today - managed to eat my first 'proper' meal since 30 December last night!
    Last proper hard day: Ages ago
    Last rest: Friday (though I'm not sure if 24 hours of trvelling counts as 'rest'

Sorry to heat about inuries, sfhlegs and paul l- hope they're not too bad.
  • Morning all!

Well the snow has been falling hard here in Beckenham and this gave me a challenging run this morning.

What: 12km off road run, heavy snow conditions, hard on the lungs,windy,lack of vision,very hilly route,iced puddles, and snow upto ankles on the hils.

Why: Wednesday is off road day and I wanted to be a kid a run in the snow.

Last Hard: Today I think

Last Rest: Tuesday

Looking forward to my leg massage at 5pm

Speedie the Snowman!
  • Hi everyone, just getting into the FLM build up so still trying to align myself with the RW shedules so...

What: 7 mile slow run
    Why: Should be doing some speed work but have a 5 mile x/c on saturday so don't want to over do it.
    Last hard: 6 miles fast on Sunday
    Last rest: Yesterday.

cheers all
  • Morning All

It was snowing here in London, so that'll be another excuse for not getting the trains to run on time.

What : Nothing - haven't done anything for days
    Why : Winter Vomiting Virus (thats pleasant!)

Last Hard : New Years Day (last running of any kind)
  • AM
    What: Rest
    Why: See tonight
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Monday

PM
    What: Club speedwork session (either 600's or a pyramid session, I expect)
    Why: First one of the year, catch up with mates, and also get in the kind of quality 'semi-competitive' speedwork that solo mile reps just dont provide.
    Rest as above
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    What : 50 mins tonight at speciifc heart rate... up to 170, starting at 163.

Why : Cos my coach told me too and he seems to know what he's talking about.

Last Hard : saturday speedwork

Last Easy : Sunday's longish run

last rest: Yesterday.

Loving it.
  • Morning all, -3 here in Inverness at the moment and snowing again. You want this weather Lizzie, come and get it.

What: 8 miles steady
    Why: Mid week long run

Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Monday
  • Glad you're feeling better Lizzie, and commiserations on injuries Paul and sfh legs.

Why can't we get some snow?? And what time do you get up to run some of you?
    Set my alarm for 6.45, switched it off again and went back to sleep.

What: 7 miles easy.
    Why: supposed to be marathon pace session but gave up after 15 mins as I couldn't get my heart rate above 70% despite having a rest day yesterday. So settled for enjoying the morning which was beautiful. Lost in my reveries going downhill I slipped on the ice and nearly fell on my a**e; serves me right for being snooty about treadmills. :)
    Will try again Sun, as this is supposed to be one of the key weekly sessions.
    Last hard: mon intervals.
    Last rest: yesterday.
  • morning all

supposed to be club session tonight, but just started snowing so not sure if ill venture out.
  • How do.

What: Rest. Or might do a very brief leg-stretcher.
    Why: Club race Sunday, which means my last pre-race 'quality' (ha!) sesh will be tomorrow. And it was club night last night.
    Rest: Monday.
    Hard: Saturday long one. Would say the club night, but to be honest, it wasn't too tough. (I'm well 'ard, me!)

Good luck staying upright, people.
  • MartinH and Mike S - where I am in Wachenheim we're steady at about -7, still got lots of snow on the ground. But sun's shining in Mannheim where I work and it's a bit warmer.

What: 10km steady
    Why: it's what on the schedule.
    Last hard: last night's speed session on the hill back of our house!
    Rest day: next Friday.

• Well the sun is trying to shine up here in West Yokshire- just very frosty!!
    What-steady 1hr@140bpm
    why- why not?
    last hard-club speed session(5x1 miles starting every 7 mins
    last rest from running-fri
  • What: 11 mile steady in the snow; legs like lead couldn't get going at all, maybe the cold, maybe just one of those days.
    Why: Midweek long run, supposed to be 13 but bagged it at 11.
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Monday
  • Afternoon.

What: 5 miles easy. (I think I will use the treadmill as the snow and ice is pretty bad)
    Why: Schedule says so

Last rest: Sunday
    Last hard: Monday
  • What: Steady six miles, no snow in Herts so should be OK.

Why: To get last nights speed session out of my legs.

Last Hard: Yesterday.

Last Rest: Friday.
  • What: 6 mile power walk
    Why: long run yesterday (1hr 50mins), knackered now.
  • bl*&dy hell, it looks like Santa's grotto down here - what's going on?

oh dear, Laura - teeheehee. ;-)
    rotten bad luck with the injury, sfh legs - it's not going your way, is it?

what: 6M recovery run @ 6:50, then full weights session
    why: hard day yesterday
    last rest: can't remember
    last hard day: er, yesterday
  • 10km in the snow (yes we've still got loads of it), followed by weights session.

Last hard: yesterday's speed/hill work.

Rest day: planned for Friday
  • What - 55 mins run/walk in the snow - yes it is snowing in Herts
    Why - meant to do 30 mins but forgot my watch
    Last rest - Monday
    Next rest - tomorrow
  • What- 4 miles gentle
    Why - 1st session back after injury
    Last rest - yesterday
    next rest - Easter
    Children can come out of their hiding place now, wife can come out of the wardrobe too. I am completly stress free again.
  • Laura,
    it's good to be back (well, if we ignore the cr@p weather). Go easy on the ice and snow!

What: 1 hr gym session
    Why: X-Training
    Last hard run: Last night (went ok amazingly).
    Last rest day: Monday
  • What - 8m slow 1 hilly lap,
    Why - starting to wonder about this question, as it was -3 and wind chill made it colder
    Where - Thru Epping Forest.

On the up side, it was great to run with the deer, but obv they must be on a sub 3hr plan or a serious speed session.

Last hard - Sun
    Last rest - Mon
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: recovery run of 45 minutes
    Why: schedule
    Last hard day: yesterday
    Last rest day: Saturday
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    What: 12 miles marathon pace
    Why: part of schedule
    Last hard: Sat
    Last rest: Mon
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Evening all,
    Good to see that we get a light dusting of snow and public services come to a standstill.
    What : jogged the 1.25 miles to the gym (9m18)
    then on the treadmill did 600m @ 11.4kmph(7mph) as a loosener followed by 10*400m at 16.4kmph (10.?mph) with 200m jogs at 11.4kmph , finished with a cool down of 650m at around 12kmph.
    All in all 7.25kms(4.5miles) in 32.30
    Jogged home the 1.25 in the snow in 9.26.

Total 7miles give or take in 51.14.
    Running in the snow was fun , especially since I was overtaking cars.

Why: weekly intervals

See you tomorrow unless the phone lines are down due to snow/ice....