Beginner or regular runner?

I am 47 years old and started running about 3 years ago. I have done the Hull 1/2 (2.20h) and GNR (2.40). I haven't done any running for about a year, can anyone suggest a training programme for a re-starter rather than a beginner? I am currently back upto about about 35mins solid running and hoping to do the GNR this year. I also can only manager to run about 3 times a week and have difficulty with hills. Help!

Comments

• Hi Christine
    I am in the same boat as yourself, I haven't ran more than 10k since the millenium GNR and would be grateful if you could pass on any tips you get. I am 36 but feel at least 47 at the moment. Good luck with the GNR, may see you there.
    Take care Reg
  • Hi guys, I've only started running seriously for a year with Glasgow's Springburn Harriers. I'm still a youn gun at 18. But there are a few "Golden Oldies" at our club. Believe this or not?, there is one guy at 59 years of age. To this day, he has three runs every single week day in life, and a long Sunday run. He was a late starter in his thirties, in the last two years he has run 34:00 Mins 10K, 1:16:00 Half-Marathon and two 2:53,00 Marathon, so you are never too old.
  • Hi Joe
    Thanks for the words of encouragement.
    Damn! Am I a golden oldie already??

Keep up the running and good luck!

Reg