Monday session

Hurrah - its Monday.

What: Rest
Why: Ran two back to back hard days over the weekend and feeling a little beaten up.
Days since rest: seven (three running)
Days since hard: yesterday

Comments

• Been and done it!

What: 3m, again mostly slow with a few very short faster bits, a little more carefully out of respect for yesterday's fright. Not obviously the worse for it. Hand is not quite back, but I was having problems with it before yesterday.

Why: Just to keep going. It's going to be a week of short runs, as I have a "holiday" of a week's course of violin making - have to be reasonably tough for 8 hours at the bench each day.
  • What: zip.....
    Why: Monday = rest day
    Days since last hard run: 1 (sunday)
    Days since last rest: 0 (today)

Feel a bit knackered after Saturday and Sunday workouts so enjoying a day off from training. Anyone see the Commonwealth Games triathlon? Great races!

All the best
    mm
  • what: 6-7 mile very hilly
    Why - should have done it yeserdy, but went to car boot sale instead (moving soon, so clearing out the junk from the loft)
    Days since last hard run 2
    Days since last rest 1

I shall try to emulate lance armstrong and grind my way up the hills later.
    Saw ladies triathlon - shame about Jodie Swallow, missed ther mens as I was car bootin'
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    What : maybe 2-3 miles easy
    Why : recovery after yesterday (see race report)
    Last hard run : Sunday
    Last rest day: Friday
  • What : Interval Swim (AM) 45Min Turbo (PM)
    Why : 2hr run yesterday & Tri in 4 weeks
    Last hard run : Thursday (hilly off road)
    Last Rest day : Saturday
  • What: The run I wimped out of when it rained yesterday.

Why: Monday is ALWAYS a rest day, but I promised to meet my friend for a run at 8.30pm. I'll compromise by doing just 4 miles at recovery-run pace and have a rest day tomorrow.

Last hard day: Saturday.

Last rest day: Friday.

Cheers, V-rap.
  • What: rest day
    Why: did long run,(for me) of 8miles yesterday. I used run/walk method, I'm up to 7mins running/1min walking. Had one of those days when I felt like I could go on forever- was on a high all evening!

Last hard day: yesterday
    Last rest day: Saturday

I think I'm going to spend the next week & a bit increasing my running time, then 2&1/2 weeks in Scotland - plenty of hill work I think!
  • What: 9.3K pushing it (if possible)
    Why: Enforced rest yesterday (drive back from Cornwall: Tintagel 1530 -> Wirral 2130) & nothing speedy attempted (due to terrain) since before going away.
    Since last hard session: 4 days
    Since last rest day: 1
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    What - rest day.
    Why - long run yesterday: 50 minutes non-stop. Felt great the entire time, don't ache too much today.
    Last hard session - yesterday.
    Last rest day - Saturday (had intended to do a short 2-mile run but was so busy dashing around all day there wasn't time to fit it in).
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    What: 1.5-2 hours, depending on how warm it is by 6pm
    Why: VERY lazy weekend - only exercise at all was 9 holes of golf yesterday pm (unless you count watching the CG cycling and triathlons from early morning to lunchtime both days!)
    Last hard session: Thursday
    Last rest day: Yesterday, Saturday and Friday!!

This'll not get me round the Loch Ness marathon.
  • What: 4 x 0.7 mile (steep 0.2 mile finish on each)
    Why: Increasing to 2 runs/week
    Last hard run: Tuesday
    Last hard swim: Thursday
    Last rest: Fri, Sat, Sun.

Really pleased to do 4 repeats without a break. When I started to run 3 months ago I couldn't do this hill at the end even once! Pity there were workmen on the hill eating lunch. Never so easy when you are slow and feel you are being 'watched'
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: 2.4 mile warm up, 6 x .75 mile at 5:59 pace average off 2:30 intervals, 2.4 mile cool down.
    Why: First real interval session for 3 weeks + and it showed! Should be doing these intervals at about 5:45 pace, but not too bad considering I haven't run for 3 days and did a hard 42 miler yesterday (bike ride)
    Last rest day: Friday
    Last hard day: Thursday
  • did my 9.3K in 36:08 - about 6:15 per mile pace.
    30 seconds off my previous best for this course in 2002 & I suspect one of my top 3 best ever (can't be bothered digging out the old diaries to check).
    Maybe the cliff runs (separate thread, different forum) had something to do with it but I don't know what. I just selected a moderately brisk pace & tried to hold it - didn't check my watch until past 3.5 miles. I'm feeling it now though.

Now a question: it seems most likely I'll be walking up Moel Fammau (a large hill - about 620m - in NE Wales) with my elder son tomorrow. The actual distance to be covered will probably be about 5+ miles I guess, the ascent maybe 400m (I'm guessing). To what extent, if at all, could this be regarded as a recovery session (or part thereof)?
    Answers before about 0930 tomorrow!
  • Forgot to say the magic word - please!

It really is a nuisance not being able to edit your replies within a grace period, as on the old Forums.
  • Mike

I would regard is as half a recovery session - you still need to get a run in as well.

I know Moel Fammau well as my family (partents, brothers) all live in North Wales (Ruthin). I also have fond (!!) memories of school trips to Colomendy.

Actually I will be in Wales this weekend and will probably include Moel Fammau as part of either a long run or a long mountain bike (my brother is a mad keen Mountain Biker) so I'll be able to let you know better on Sunday whether it could be considered a recovery run!