Options

LONDON SOCIAL - Friday Jan 31st, St James Tavern Shaftesbury Ave@ 6 pm

OI VENOM - STICK THE MAP ON, WOULD YA?

Comments

• Options
    What map?

And for anyone who doesn't think they'll be able to recognise a bunch of pissed up runners being lairy in a pub, email me, Caz or Gavo and we'll send you a mobile number you can call when you arrive. (Probably best to email Caz, as I'm sure that unemployed alky will be there at 6, whereas myself as a fine upstanding contributer to the economy probably won't arrive until 7).

venom
    (fired from being acting deputy London social sec for date-related incompetence)
  • Options
    My deputy I take it :)

Yep no doubt I'll there early trying to bagsy all the seats. Oh I wonder if we could reserve some tables, I'm sure I've seen them do it before when we've been there (and tried to nick the seats).
  • Options
    Hi guys, thought I would dip back onto the site!

Not sure if I will be along as it is my Dad's birthday but if I am not doing that I will be along and consuming vast quantities of alcohol with you guys.

Hope you are all doing well!
  • Options
    <Drum roll>

Ashley
    Ben the Rat
    Caz
    Fany
    Gareth L
    Gavo
    Iain
    Jez
    Jim the plum
    Jon
    Jonathan
    Josie Jump
    KangaWallaFox
    Legless
    MandyW
    MatW
    Northern Nut
    Picketty
    Snoop
    Spans
    SusieBee
    Sweeper
    Tired Legs
    Venom
    Waapster
    Wolf with Runs

Ta-daa!
  • Options
    Good work Caz, I think Simon should be about too.

Decided what you are wearing yet?

:)
  • Options
    i'll think of you all whilst in a meditative non-alcoholic trance....

next social - i'll be there
  • Options
    Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Caz,

Better put me on the list too. I've got a leaving do to go to on Friday afternoon so will no doubt be compelled to stagger down into SJT for a 'couple' before going home.

Haven't had a drink (or a ciggie) since Boxing Day so will endeavour not to make an ar$e of myself.

Toodle pip
  • Options
    Hi ya Scotty!

Ashley
    Ben the Rat
    Caz
    Fany
    Gareth L
    Gavo
    Iain
    Jez
    Jim the plum
    Jon
    Jonathan
    Josie Jump
    KangaWallaFox
    Legless
    MandyW
    MatW
    Northern Nut
    Picketty
    Scotty H
    Snoop
    Spans
    SusieBee
    Sweeper
    Tired Legs
    Venom
    Waapster
    Wolf with Runs

Jonathan, Simon who? Is he a forumite? You're going to tell me he was at the last one and I got so drunk I can't remember, eh?
  • Options
    Caz - in fact he has been at the last 2 socials...!
  • Options
    In fact Caz, didn't you two disappear to the toilets for 20 minutes together at the last one....?
  • Options
    Ahh, now, I missed the one before last and I think you are lying dear venom.

Unless he was absolutely gorgeous then maybe I might've :)

....tried!
  • Options
    i am already in training for this, since for my job tomorrow i have to fly to frankfurt and spend friday night drinking in the city's hippest, trendiest night clubs, before flying back on saturday morning.

(assuming they will let a late 30s, unfashionably attired, out of shape saddo into these places)

on friday 31st i will be aiming for at least 3 pints by 7pm departure, looking for a pace of 20 minute pints or better.

fridays is always my speed session, on the grog
  • Options
    Hmm I think I may drink pints this time, I get through too many bottles of Becks in there and they are so small they're gone in an instant.

I rest my case for being a girl drinking pints. :)
  • Options
    WWR, were you at Windsor? If so, I think I met you there (unless I'm confusing you with one of the many other people with wolf related names)
  • Options
    can anyone gatecrash? (he says in a pathetic Norman Nomates kind of way!)
  • Options
    venom,

yes i was at windsor, tying my shoelaces whilst you guys were all sorted. i spoke briefly with you, NN, longlegs and fozzie.

all i remeber is that you were a) youngish b) male c) short black hair d) either had a big tattoo or else a radio strap on your left arm.

is that about right.

also if you arrive post 7pm - all you will see is empty glasses where i was. i have to get out of town for an 8.30 thing near beaconsfield.

so there you have it
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    TwoDogs - everyone is welcome though whether or not you want to return is up to you.

Nice of Caz to remember Simon isn't it although he tends to turn up late so Caz's memory usually goes by then.

Hopefully her memory won't extend to giving me a slap tonight for that comment.
  • Options
    Have you forgotten me then Caz?
  • Options
    I'm going to try and make it..so I'll be looking out for a bunch of skinny, whippet like characters wearing trackies and trainers??!!
  • Options
    bottled beer is a complete waste of ££s

as for becks....very bad value. i'm guessing it'll be £2.80 for 275 ml, which is the equiv of £5.60 a pint.

think PINTS caz, yep PINTS PINTS PINTS.

two options - go for nutter bast*rd: i.e. kronie, or tortoise (stella....geddit?);

or else, for a more measured approach, you could stick on "cooking lager", which will probably keep you speaking english and at right angles to the floor at the end of the evening.

interestingly, guinness is quite a nice compromise between the two

helpful data i hope
  • Options
    Sweeper - no I haven't forgotten you mate.

Gavo - slap for you tonight for sure.

WWR - cooking larger? Were you at Windsor at the end, standing around drinking etc? I came up to watch and had a bevy with everyone.

Simon and TwoDogs, you are added.

Ashley
    Ben the Rat
    Caz
    Fany
    Gareth L
    Gavo
    Iain
    Jez
    Jim the plum
    Jon
    Jonathan
    Josie Jump
    KangaWallaFox
    Legless
    MandyW
    MatW
    Northern Nut
    Picketty
    Scotty H
    Simon
    Snoop
    Spans
    SusieBee
    Sweeper
    Tired Legs
    TwoDogs
    Venom
    Waapster
    Wolf with Runs
  • Options
    WWR - quite right re Windsor, apart from it was the GPS receiver for my Timex SDM, not a radio or a tattoo (I do like my SDM, but not enough to get a tribute to it tattooed on my arm - although it's an interesting thought...)

Oh, and I could point out that my hair is dark brown and not black, but that would just be nit-picking.
  • Options
    Sorry can/t drink nat psss (lager) got to be strong bitter with some wierd and wonderful name. Failing that John Smiths, London Pride or Directors.

Wont be there until 7.30/8 though as I dont finish work until around 7.
  • Options
    John Smiths strong bitter Ash? You jest surely! It's as weak as Boddy's (about 3.8%).

Look folks, if all the above turn up, there's no way SJT will accommodate that lot.

We'll have to have shifts of 2 hours each i.e. the earlybird 6 to 8, who then give way to the 8 o'clockers from out of town, and then the hardnuts from 10 to 1 a.m.
  • Options
    Caz, when Jonathon says 'Simon' he means me. You've added me twice.
  • Options
    Caz - my girlfriend is complaining about you nicking her picture. Can you please stop using it, and to be sure, send me an A4 poster of it ?

Thanks awfully..
  • Options
    Oh for goodness sake, confuse me why don't you! :)

So what do you think of my new piccie!
    Ashley
    Ben the Rat
    Caz
    Fany
    Gareth L
    Gavo
    Iain
    Jez
    Jim the plum
    Jon
    Jonathan
    Josie Jump
    KangaWallaFox
    Legless
    MandyW
    MatW
    Northern Nut
    Picketty
    Scotty H
    Snoop
    Spans
    SusieBee
    Sweeper
    Tired Legs
    TwoDogs
    Venom
    Waapster
    Wolf with Runs
  • Options
    Cougie, it's me not your girlfriend, RIGHT!
  • Options
    Snoop Dogg!

"Minging Northerners"???

• Options
    Caz - you two must be twins then - Spooky !
    Same hotpants too !