Robin Hood Half

2»

Comments

• I found between the 8th and 9th mile really hard mentally. I realised my training hasn't been on target for the last month due to injury but I was aiming for 2 hours and got 2hrs 22 mins.
    On the up side I am impressed with the level of organisation. The support really helped (especially the family on one of the residential roads that had jugs of juice/water lined up on their garden wall for runners). I wore my RWUFRC vest and met Road Runner who I couldnt keep up with! All in all I am pleased with my day I guess.
  • Great day (which I'm now paying for!!!) My first Half and I was aiming for 1-55 and got 1-53 so I can't complain.

Great crowds - especially in Wolly Park, Parkside, Priory Roundabout and of course at the finish - what a great feeling it was to get into that finish straight.

Hope everyone else enjoyed their day.
  • Must have been in the finish straight with me then, 1-52 and a few seconds. What were you wearing!
  • Disappointing time of 1hr 56 and 20 seconds.

My knee went at 11 miles (I HAD to stop for a wee at an unofficial toilet - a nice bush - and couldn't get the knee working again !!)

I managed a sprint finish though - sorry about those I left standing - but you had passed me when I was struggling!

Great run - great day !
  • A fabulous day! I was chuffed with time of 1 hr 46 (my stopwatch!)and very impressed with whole thing! EXCEPT..... see earlier posting from Sue W. Why are people so selfish about discarding their binbags and drinks bottles?? Cups crack up but you can really hurt yourself on a bag or bottle. I thought all runners were a kind, considerate, civilized lot!!Hope you make a speedy recovery, Sue, and thanks to anyone involved in organising today...BRILL
  • I had a better run than expected and came home in 1:36. I'm really looking forward to the GNR now!
  • Vinny

To answer your question - blue/silver RonHill gear (like many others!!!)

Some comments made about discarded binbags etc - my sympathies to Sue - not a good way to start. On the subject of rubbish my only criticism of the organisation would be to note the complete lack of rubbish bins - hence loads of rubbish all over Victoria Embankment. Minor detail - but I'm suer this could be sorted for next year.

Have to say I didn't enjoy the early hill in the Lace Market - who put that there?!!! ay the rubbish ets
  • Great organisation, good day all round, but the early part of the race was a bit frustrating with all those sharp turns and nasty little hills, in fact it wasn't until after the long hill at 8-9 miles that I was able to start getting regular 'target' mile splits. Good challenge though !