Horsforth Harriers 10k

anyone ran this before i am put off by undulating ???

Comments

• Vicky - there's a short hilly loop - down and up - at the start, and because it's an out and back course, at the end too, plus a climb, short and not very steep, up to the turn round point outside Leeds/Bradford airport. There's a tiny climb once you start back from the airport along Scotand Lane, but the hills aren't mountainous, nothing to put you off running. As a member of Horsforth Harriers I can assure you we'd be delighted to see you on the day!
  • I'm put off by the finishing times for the last couple of years! My only 10k was the Jubilee one, done in just under 60 mins. Add 5 mins for the undulations and 5 for lack of training and I'll be last :-)

Shame really as I'll be staying in Horsforth that weekend, but I think the standard it a bit too high for me.

Paul
  • Paul - You'll be just fine and definitely not last! I can guarantee the marshals will cheer you on to the finish too! Besides, what else can you do in Horsforth that weekend? Go on, go for it!
  • Well I'm doing the Horforth next weekend and I ran a 5K in 34 minutes today, so I'm one guaranteed mediocre runner.

When I ran it last, the last person in was about 90 minutes; I took 56 minutes and there were comfortable numbers behind me. Sure the front pace was swift but I didn't feel like I shouldn't have been there.