Options

'Mature' runners.

The Over 60s thread's too big so I've moved it here and widened the scope a bit.
JJ

Comments

• Options
    You may count my teeth if you like :-)
  • Options
    Winder if that's why they've pinched my picture?
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Morning old folks. Trust I find you well, or at least with a pulse.

Do you often invite people to count your teeth Helen?
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Can't remember the last time I insulted you JJ.

Don't want to bore everyone into stupefaction with PFI stuff but the whole on/off balance sheet question is very tricky from the perpective of all players. All to do with the underlying substance of the transactions - see Financial Reporting Standard (FRS) 5, as if anyone gave a damn.

Our financial models usually include a switch to make the scheme on or off balance sheet from the point of view of the PFI company and will work happily either way, depending on what the procurer (i.e. the public sector) wants.
  • Options
    JJ, Helen: If you like you can send me your teeth and I wil count them for you.

Good morning everyone.
  • Options
    Morning all. Very happy as I did my first 3 miles after a couple of months of knee problems. Oops, sorry, that's about running.
    One of the north London squirrels actually ventured into my kitchen on Saturday. Probably in search of monkey nuts, now he's scoffed all my snowdrop bulbs.
    Burnt Out Everard - can I get back to you on the hairy back? This requires careful thinking about.
  • Options
    Sorry but I have reported this thread to the moderator....
    It is not what it reports to be!
    MATURE runner....that suggests sensible conversation, perhaps discussion on the finner points of running, you know the sort of stuff you would find on Ron's thread. Perhaps even discussion of what it was like running as a small boy during the blitz or refueling when rationing was in place.
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    BBB, that's not fair. The minds of these old folks are wandering and us youngsters just have to nod politely and stay with the subject to humour them.
  • Options
    Mmmm, BBB - the finner points of running. Good point. I find fins aren't too useful when I run, although I understand a large dorsal fin can be very attractive in the mature runner.
    JJ - yes, the knee held out. I've only ever had problems with my right knee, and after a trip to the podiatrist and with the aid of a knee tubey thing, I'm coming back slowly. Saturday's run was fantastic, and I couldn't believe it when I say THREE herons on the towpath.
  • Options
    'saw' not 'say' - knee problem has now spread to fingers.
  • Options
    Good ifea to restrat the thread - RW should erase some of the old large chitchat type threads (see Laura's guide)

A thread for the mature runner, but who says mature runners always have to behave maturely.

I find after an excess of fine wine and cheese I get tempted to behave immaturely.....

• Options
    ifea to restrat = idea to restart

like a virus meerkat it spreads down the wires
  • Options
    Morning all, not so sure about the mature bit, old maybe, still got my own teeth, and all the other bits are not enhanced in any way, no botox, or collagen yet.
  • Options
    I think the grey hairs will get you in, PB, so long as you promise they're not on your back or shoulders.