Sub 5 hours

Comments

• debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Yes, that constant cleaning is a real pain. I hope the market up your way isn't as slow as it is down here :((
  • Morning all

My god I am shattered!!!!!
    It was a great night but I don't find running at that time of night very easy.

I was 30 secs to a 1 min a mile slower than last week but my heart rate was 10 bpm lower too. I kept to my plan of keeping to around 10 min miles and came in at 63 mins. The twists and turns added an extra 400 m to the distance which DOES make a difference.

The race it's self was fantastic!!! Very well organised and with a lovely medal at the end. There were even people cheering us on, althogh most of them seemed to be hanging around outside pubs :-)

However my knees and ankles are shot from running hard on tarmac 2 weeks running and I am very tired.

Lots of rest for me this week, I may just do a couple of 3 milers and my 8 mile long run, and NO racing :-)

BTW Jane, no sprint finish :-( was too crowded, managed 8 min miles over the last 800m tho :-)
  • Well done Josie, good time.

Josie do you have some where you can run off-road this week?

I think its a good idea to do some running on the roads to get your legs used to the pounding but I also like to run on trials and grass for half of my weekly training.
  • Jane

I do most of my running off road, we are blessed with lots of parks and rivers around here. That's why my knees are suffing now, both my races were on tarmac :-(

I'll do my 8 miler round Richmond Park.
  • Hi EP how is the training doing?

• Well done EP with the 10 mm, I normally have to put a fair bit of effort into running that pace, but it is easier when you run with other folks. Glad you enjoy x-country races as well, only done one this year and that was muddy in places.
  • Thanks EP and well done on the Xcountry :-)

Nice rest day today, I went out and bought a Santa suit :-) The local fancy dress shop is closing down and was selling off its stuff. So I got a lovely full length Santa robe with belt and a fabulous wig and beard for the princly sum of £35. It is Jumpet Jnrs birthday just before christmas and he is having a party at the farm with his Nursery chums. I though it would be a great idea for his Uncle Dan to dress up as Santa and deliver the party bags at the end. I can't wait to see their faces :-)

I will let you guys in on a little secret, oh and all the lurkers too <JJ waves at lurkers>
    Since it is pretty certain that I have been rejected from FLM yet again, I have sent in an application for RW's dream team. Keep your fingers crossed for me won't you :-)
  • JJ good luck with your application for the RW dream team, can't think of a nicer person to be on it.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Well done JJ for your race last night.

What's the RW dream team? I must be on another planet....
  • debbo there was an article about this dream team is the last edition of the RW, basically you have to write a short essay on why you want to run London, RW have a few places on offer and are giving some training advice and so on.

Session of cross-training and weights at the gym this morning, will run this evening with a few others probably between 5-6 miles at a steady pace with a pick up of pace in the last mile or so.

Still not heard from FLM so I guess I'm not in.
  • Morning all

A very creaky 3 miles done and dusted. Did about 11:19 min miles over all so not too bad to say I felt about twice my age :-)
    I'm in Kingston to do some Christmas shopping so I have been using the David Lloyds here and ran down the River to Teddington Lock and back.
    Just having a nice cup of coffee and a flapjack before hitting the shops. They have a fantastic Spa bath here. It had beds with water jets so you get an allover massage. they also have realy strong water jets that massage your shoulders. The steam room was lovely too :-)

Debbo
    Do you not sleep lass :-)
    The RW dream team is a bunch of people they pick from applications, give them a FLM place, kit and training. Like Kiwi Kerry last year. It was advertised in last months RW. Any way I've sent off an application so we'll have to see :-)

Have a great day all.

Ho Ho Ho

Christmas JJ :-)
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    And then we follow your progress every month in the magazine and on line?

That would be great JJ, fingers crossed for you.
  • well i'm in now - best get on wi'it
  • PottingShed, congrats on getting into London. How is the training going and got any other races planned?
  • Potting Shed

You might be the only one on the sub 5 thread actually in FLM :-)
    Please keep posting :-)

Congrats !!!!!!
  • the training's not really going at the moment - hard to get back on it after returning from ny marathon and moving house (or at least vacating to a flat whilst builders wreck house). i will enter a fair few races - i use them as training runs, as it's a lot less lonely and I find it is easier to get out of the house if there's a start time to make! Not yet sure which to do, but will try and enter a couple of 20s (thanet + another?)and a couple of halves (t wells? watford?)
  • PottingShed how did you get on in NY?

Builders and moving sound stressful, good luck with all that as well.

• NY was not great for time a pw of 5.28 - had a couple of setbacks in training with injury, as well as the usual indolence, and a hot day and a deceptively hard course (certainly not super-flat) - but was a wonderful day and crowd was incredible - very well worth it (full report on NY thread in events - p 75 i think). been in the flat a week now so stress is lessening (typing in the house whilst pickng up mail) - and we have a gym there, so i have no excuse!!
  • Wow the same time as I managed for Loch Ness Marathon, I too had injury woes but was really pleased to finished in that time. My PW is over 6 hours, a long time ago before I found these forums and began learning how to training better.
  • Hi guys - anyone about

I am going to a track tonight, whilst daughter does a kids athletics training inside, but I don't know what to do - should I just plod round or try speed work - but what speed work - any advice, going soon

ta, tiny
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    I'm into FLM, but haven't heard from any of the girls in my group, sadly I think they've been rejected. Unfair as I'm the one that doesn't care about FLM. They may get a club or charity place.
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    tiny toes - make the most of the track. Warm up, jog a couple of laps, then up the pace (not flat out, say 5k-10k pace) for one lap(400m) then take 200m jog recovery and repeat.

• Tiny Toes, hope you have a good run on the track this evening.

I managed 5.65 miles in 59.42 with the last mile in under 10 min miling. Good run.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Jane - are you running every day at the moment? It seems like it. I haven't run since sunday - too hung over this morning!

JJ - yes I do sleep - I'm usually in bed by 10.30 but was out for a few glasses of wine last night! I set my alarm for 6.30 today but rolled over and went back to sleep.
  • debbo I had a rest day from running on Monday, I am feeling well at the moment so will keep going and doing what I can. I am planning a 5 miler tomorrow.

Enjoying a glass or two of red wine tonight.