Now I'm Really Glad I'm not a Horse!!

Well having gone through the mill over the last 9 months with physios / podiatrists / osteopaths / RW doctor / video gait analysis / chiropractors and sports masseurs,suddenly - as of tonight - there's hope - and I'm so glad they didn't shoot me last May!!

I mentioned to my physio tonight that at Vyrnwy I did the whole 1/2M with a HR of 195. He stuck me straight on a treadmill (he's not seen me in action before) and now everythings falling into place - I hope. Apparently I'm very fit :-) but work anaerobically almost all the time - starving my quads of oxygen - hence so many problems everytime I do a long distance.
There's a lot of correction work ahead of me - to try to get my gait right - but suddenly there's hope that I can start going forwards instead of sideways.

Having had the video gait analysis done at Salford - which led to the orthotics which have cured - so far - the shin splints - I'm a bit amazed that they didn't also pick this up - but it just goes to show that everyone has their area of expertise and few cross out of it.

So thankyou to all the 'old' forumites who helped me through a really dismal time last May - thanks to Oldbones who's leant me his HRM which led to this discovery - and thanks also to Ron Grover (see General re Sean Fishpool's HR in simple English) who's pretty confident that despite all of this he can get me to complete a 1/2M by Christmas at 10min/m pace - and possibly sub 2hrs by next Easter. The odds have fallen from 66/1 to 25/1 !

Do RW realise just what an amazing forum they've got here - used by truly amazingly helpful runners ?

Thanks again - and as Drew said - hold on tight to your dreams!

Comments