Sub 5 hours

Comments

• I started with that one but found that the 70% WHR of 155 to be too high and I was very tired after my runs. When I dropped it to 187 max 147 70% WHR it worked well for a while. Lately I've found it uncomfortable to run slow enough to keep to 147 so was quite happy to increase to 192 max and 151 70% WHR.

I think my resting heart rate has decreased, I counted 52 bpm the other day, so I'll have to review it all again soon.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Makes sense JJ! My HR has really increased recently, and I don't really know why - I was ill a few weeks ago but.... I've just done 1 mile at 65%, 1 at 80% and 1 at 65% and could only manage an 11 minute mile at 80% (HR about 162). A couple of months ago I could do 11 minute miles at less than 140. I don't understand it. :((
  • Debbo

It took me a good couple of weeks to get my HR down after being ill. Hang on in there, it improves very quickly.
  • JJ well done on your run, I guess you are running fairly comfortably at those HRs so looks like your training is working.

Hi Sue.

Out partying last night so a bit tired this morning but as I was driving no drinking :( off to the gym this am for an easy session and some weights. An hours run this evening planned.
  • Morning all

4 miles done and dusted. 11:06 mm over all and at a spot on average HR of 151. It was hilly and off road so VERY pleased :-)

I have a 10 miler planned for Thursday so I'll have to see how I go with that.
  • Thanks for all the advice. Will add a mile onto my long run each week and to be perfectly honest to run/walk the race would be as much of an achievement. I'm just so chuffed to be doing this - not so long ago I was 5' 5" and 17+ stone. I am now only slightly wobbly ;-)

Have been digging through the posts to see which training plans seem to be the most popular. Have printed the RW plan out but also have seen Hal Higdon's named banded about a few times. What will you lot be following?

Laura

P-hippo - Am considering a name change ;-)
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    TT - wow, how much weight have you lost?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hi all, josie, my 12 min miling is a complete guess on my part! I think I will try to do a course that I know at some point and then I will have a better idea.
    Anyway, sue and I did 29 mins today she felt pretty good, 20 run 1 min walk then last 8 mins run.
    Trouble is she really finds her legs tighten up when she stops and walks so on the longer sunday run we have a stretch after the first run.
    She has run the marathon twice but both times she walked a few miles so I thought it would be better to have the walk this way and keep a more steady pace, also it really works (I did it this year).
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • TT well done on losing so much weight, I am sort of making my schedule up as I go along and getting tips and advise on this forum. At the moment my training is sort of ticking over and planning to increase mileage after the New Year.

• Tenton

I'm making up as I go along as well :-)

If it helps this is my long run schedule, I'll be doing a bit of speed work and a couple of 6 milers per week as well.

Thu 16 Dec 04 10M
    Thu 23 Dec 04 8M
    Thu 30 Dec 04 12M
    Thu 06 Jan 05 8M
    Thu 13 Jan 05 14M
    Thu 20 Jan 05 8M
    Thu 27 Jan 05 16M
    Thu 03 Feb 05 8M
    Thu 10 Feb 05 18M
    Sun 20 Feb 05 Sussex Beacon Half
    Thu 24 Feb 05 10M
    Thu 03 Mar 05 20M
    Thu 10 Mar 05 8M
    Sun 20 Mar 05 Bath half
    Thu 24 Mar 05 20M
    Thu 31 Mar 05 8M
    Thu 07 Apr 05 10M
    Thu 14 Apr 05 6M
  • Have lost just over 4 stone but the Christmas period is proving to be a bit of a sticking point. Have stopped boozing, eat low GI carbs and of course I started plodding :-)
    I've found the RW site invaluable for training and nutritional advice. The forums are great for motivation.
    Laura
  • TT Christmas is always difficult for keeping the weight down, main thing is to enjoy christmas and have a few treats but not overdo it.

JJ like the plan.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I find the chocolates very hard to resist. I've had masses at work the last 2 days.
    :(( I hope I don't get any for christmas. I always eat them really quickly to 'get them out of the way'...
  • ten ton

i remember you from earlier

How well you have done
    tis amazing

are all the blokes chasing you now, they should be
    xxxxx
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    TT - fantastic, you must be so proud of yourself.
    If you're finding all the goodies at Xmas a problem, just go out and run a few more miles,
  • TenTon very well done with the weight loss, its a hard slog losing weight, you should be rightly proud of yourself.
    Debbo - I can't resist chocs either, especially if I feel down. I don't know why I eat when I am down - it doesn't cheer me up!

I missed my long run this sunday, it was the childrens school church service, it was over 2hrs long, I felt shattered after all that! Went to the track again last night - forgot to take my watch - DOH! I mostly ran round and round but did some faster stretches. I won't be able to get out for a run today as my hub is going out soon and I have no one to watch the kids. Might only get out for a measly 3 miles tomorrow as hub is going on work early (again!) But Fri, Sat and Sun I should be able to get some miles in (in between wrapping presents that is)
    Has everyone finished their christmas shopping - Its hard work isn't it.

see ya later
    tinytoes
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't written my Xmas cards
    I haven't bought any presents
    I haven't done anything about the food on Xmas day.

I knew there was something I had to do this Saturday.
  • Shades I bet this Saturday will be the busiest day for shopping for the whole year, but you go quite early if I remember correctly.

Did about 6 miles this morning, new route and Garmin didn't get a good signal for some of it due to the trees, anyway I liked the route dispite the hills and worrying about getting lost so will go back and explore more of the area.

• Been interesting reading about HR training - the one and only time I went out and ran keeping my HR down to about 150bpm, I hurt my knee! Thought it was supposed to help keep you from injuring yourself! I had to walk home in the freezing cold (about a mile and a half away from home) as I had no money on me to catch a bus (typical). Luckily after a couple of days rest, it was fine - had it checked out by my osteopath and he couldn't find anything wrong.

I am going to give it another go though.

I had a lousy run yesterday - I set out for a 3 mile run but after 1 and half miles, I had to stop and get a bus back. I think I was just too tired and hadn't recovered from my hectic weekend. I'm not going to bother until Friday or Saturday now to give myself a chance to rest up and carbo load.

Anyway, everyone else seems to be chugging along well!
  • love the pic tiny toes

i havent finished chrimbo shopping and mr hippo keeps telling me more relis are coming
    but i bought a new oven today-oh, and did 5 miles
  • One more present to buy tomorrow and then just the food to get! Can't believe I am so organised this year!
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I've done all my shopping, but then I always do it early because I hate shopping so much. Bryan the Snail has to do some of it for me, so that will no doubt be left till next friday.

Hippo - a new oven is good - think of all the people you can cook for at christmas!

I did 3 miles today - under 12 minute miles, so that is something I suppose....
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Jane, I'm really looking forward to Saturday, yuk. Just can't get into the Xmas spirit. Was going to start my Xmas cards tonight but have had to do a 2nd proof reading of the directory. Priorities.
  • yes but debbo
    its coming on monday, and ive got used to the shit oven
    i will BURN everything

new hob(bought ages ago) being installed too

Xmas?
    Bah humbug!
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    yeah I agree about the bah humbug. We are going to Bryan the Snail's mother's. She is dying of a recently diagnosed lung tumour and brain mets and his father only died in may so it will be a cheery day all round!

I'd rather stay at home and read some of my christmas books. and eat chocolate.
  • feck debbo
    that isnt bah humbug

thats
    well
    oh have a hug
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Thanks.

Can't sleep for some reason. I hope I can get up to run in the morning....
  • (((((debbo))))) hope everything goes okay on Christmas Day, take loads of chocs with you. Hope you managed some sleep.
  • Big hugs Debbo, and after your hectic move as well!!!!

Jumpet Snr has tonsilitis so no running for me today :-( Looks like it'll be a 6am start for me on Saturday morning. I WILL get that 10 miles in somewhere.
  • BTW

I've had very little sleep too. I had a husband and daughter in pain :-(