7.5 min miles sutton coldfield area

been running about two months and currently do 4 miles in just over 28 minutes (a bit quiker on super flat runs). i'm hoping to do a marathon next year and want to know if there is anyone around in sutton or a bit further perpared to train with me. i'm quite a boring person but don't tend to talk much whilst running.

Comments

• It would seem that Sutton Coldfield is not a thriving hub of internet-using runners. Or perhaps they are just not up to seven minute miling. Errr.. where is Sutton Coldfield?
    Hope you find some training partners soon.
    By the way, I don't talk much when running either. I find it interferes with my gasping for air.
  • I would be a one-dinosaur hub of Sutton Coldfield RW forum activity if the "town" (it's really a pretentious suburb at the north end of Birmingham) extended its boundaries a mile southwards. Not that I'd WANT to live in a twee suburb...

Blahing-chops, if you're the sort of liberal Suttonite who wouldn't mind (a) running with a scruffy Erdingtonian and (b) slowing down a bit cos I'm closer to 10-minute than 7-minute miling, you're welcome to try me out as a running companion. I won't mind the lack of chat (and won't mind being told to shut up if I do start rattling on).

E-mail me if you're interested.

Cheers, V-rap.
  • Hi I'm in Erdington and would like someone to train with sometimes. I'm training for a marathon and run around 9min miles.
  • i've just emailed vrap about going for a run. come along

maybe we could all do sunday or something
  • I'm racing this Sunday - how about coming along to the Aldridge Manor House 10K? They take entries on the day.

A weekend or evening run together would be brilliant (like most of us, I work all day). I could just about scrape a few nine-minute miles together.
  • I can't make this Sunday as we're taking the boys to Alton Towers for the day. Another Sunday would be good although I tend to race quite a lot on Sundays. Evenings would suit me better I run most evenings all around Erdington and Sutton and go to a running club Tuesday and Thursday evenings. It would be great to meet up for a run one evening.

• despite all my nagging doubts about running in a race i may well turn up. if it starts at 11am what time do you think i will have to turn up to pay on the door?
  • Kathryn, have fun at Alton Towers on Sunday. I have e-mailed you with a suggestion or two.

Blah blah blah, please do come along tomorrow. I'm sure 10am would be plenty early enough to get registered and warmed up. I'm a lot slower than you, and managed a to avoid being in the slowest 25% at a local 5-miler two weeks ago, so you'll probably do rather well! If you do come along, I'm number 226. Thanks for your e-mail. I have replied.
  • hope you had a good race. i bottled out in the end. quite frightened of very serious running types i guess.
  • Have to admit, there were plenty of those around! It wouldn't have been an ideal introduction to racing. But people were still trailing in well over an hour after the start. The Pelsall 5K/10K on 13th October is supposed to be nice and friendly - and flat. I'm more tempted by the Bells of Pattingham on the same day because it's off-road (which I would love to try) but aparently doesn't involve too many crags and marshes.
  • I'm in Streetly, and regularly run through Sutton Park on a Sunday. Anyone else do the park?

I did the Aldridge Manor House 10k - I think I managed a PB too, though I haven't been through my logs to check yet.

I'm thinking of doing the Pelsall run, but haven't yet managed to get in touch with the race organiser to find out if I can put in an entry. According to a friend with an entry form, there aren't any race-day entries.