Burning Feet

Hi all

I need advice.

After about 7 or 8 miles running on the road the front pads of my feet start to really burn (sorry don't know the name)and continue to burn till I stop running. Is there anything I can do to stop this or at the very least minimise it. It could be my feet getting used to the amount of running I have to do in training for the FLM, I just don't know.

I run in a pair of Sauciny Omni 3's if that helps.

Dene

Comments

• annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    how is the cushioning in your trainers , especailly the forefoot area? For me that feeling of my feet burning is one of the signs I use to know that I need to replace my trainers
  • I only bought the trainers before christmas and the guy in the shop said they do take some time to settle in but after 3 months and 200 odd miles (thats odd in the numerical sense not odd in the running style sense)I would have thought they would have settled in by now. I think I'll have word ith the bloke in the shop and see what they got to say.

Thanks

Dene
  • i get this problem too and my shoes are newish - just before xmas. i am only just getting up to 20 miles a week average but after about 7 miles i get this burning. i can run thru it mostly but sometimes i get shooting pains close to my toes especially if i step on some uneven ground. the shoes are stability, Asics.
  • I get this problem if my socks are too tight or I've put them on at a strange angle. Are you wearing 'proper' running socks or just generic 'sports' socks?

Something to think about, anyway!
  • i wear good socks - thorlos for running, and sometimes feel as if they are rucked but when i remove the shoe they are not. thanks for yr response.
  • I got the 'burning sensation' after ten miles of a thirteen mile run... at the end, I checked my feet and found 2 great big lovely blisters on the front pads of feet !! My trainers are new ish and I was wear 1000 mile double layer 'blister free' socks !!! have now changed to hilly mono... more cushoning and no more blisters or burning....... !!! so I'm with Lizzy... try some other socks !! (well they are cheaper than running shoes and it could be the answer ??) Good Luck
  • will look into sock with more cushioning - ta very much!!
  • I think it may be the cushioning that at fault with me, I to wear Thorlos socks but I'm going to try my 1000 milers tonight which I haven't tried with my new shoes.

It wasn't like this when I was a kid one pair of polyester socks used to keep me going for all activities, my feet smelt a bit but never burnt ho hum memory lane.

I'll let you know how I get on

Dene