yorkshire 3 peaks

2»

Comments

• sorry to hear that YRM

Hope you heal soon

Hamertime gave me a nice dose of reality, which i needed
  • Hips i'm sad now!

The last thing I would ever want to do is put anybody off from running, or doing a run.

What I was trying to get across is that specifically, the Three peaks race is just that, a race, and a championship race at that. To enter the event Mercs will have to run it as a race or be DNF'd, not too nice an experience.

What YRM seems to be talking about is doing it as a run which is just as fulfilling, and probably gives people more opportunity to enjoy the scenery and the whole experience. Did the Rombalds myself this year as a very steady run and really enjoyed it. 3:41 but the cut off was 10 hours because its a LDWA event. If I had chosen to race it I might have been pleased with the quicker time, but wouldn't have enjoyed the run nearly as much.

Anyway, I didn't think you bothered with anything under 35 miles these days. :-)
  • BTW I haven't raced it either. Please, please don't ever let them talk me into it!

Hoping to recce it this weekend though with a group from the club, some of whom will be racing it.

So, nice steady run, beautiful scenery, great company, few drinks after, and a run!

Isn't life great.

• I did this last summer (walked) with a group of 12. It took us just over 12 hours although we did not rush it. My 12 year old nephew did it as well, mind you it was his idea in the first place. I have wanted to run it for some time. Having walked it I may have a go in the next year or so.

There is an on line map, I will try and find the link and post it here.

Some pictures

Instructions

More instructions

Finally found a route map. Not in hugh detail but probably good enough to plot it on a larger map.

The route on a map
  • That did not work very well. I seem to have forgotten how to do links...

Try this.
    Some pictures

Instructions

The route on a map

• Hamertime

it may surprise you to know that i have a 5 mile race in a week, followe by a half marathon!

dont be sad I needed tobe reminded how hard all this stuff is
    but one day Im back for that Lyke Wake bastard
  • thanks peeps for all the input.

I have to point out I was not asking about the official fell race , we are doing it as a "fun" run ( ha bleeding ha ) and it would seem someone ( cheers boss ) has not doen his home work. Some guys will walk it , some will be on support in a pub , erm I mean minibus , and now some may not run it . I may talk boss into maybe a relay run after all its for charidee mate
  • Pubs, Not sure I get the names right (20 years ago), but there is the Hill Inn between Ing and Wern and then one at the viaduct I seem to remember. We always ended up in the pub at the end of Horton Village after the walk (Red Lion?). Mike Harding used to call in there, which was nice...?

I never did the race, but best time was a tad over 6 hours.

Used to do the Lyke Wake as well, fond memories.....