Nike 10k on TV

Hi all, I have to say I was very disappointed with the TV coverage of the Nike 10k. Sunday Granstand was on for "FIVE & THREE QUARTER HOURS" and all the race got was about 5 mins or so, I was disgusted to say the least.

I had to go out as the program was starting so I set my video as I didn't want to miss it, on return it had not been on so I started my ironing (a blokes work is never done) half way thru my ironing, Yes the Nike 10k!!!!!!!, so I turned of my iron got comfy and it finished "I do not believe it" I thought they could have shown more than that.
What do you think ?

Anyway enough of my going on,
hope all of you that ran it had a great day and lots of PBs.

Cheers Gaz.........

Comments

• Thought the coverage was dire - I sat down with a cup of tea thinking it would be a good break between cleaning the cooker and the kitchen floor, but it was over within minutes! Glad I didn't blink too often or I would have missed it entirely!

• I agree. It was a bit of a damp squib in comparison to the Womens Flora Light Challenge coverage last month. That was very good with more of an emphasis on getting people running.

The getting people out and running message wasn't fully emphasised yesterday. Still....it's better than not showing it at all. Before I started running I had no idea that there were dozens of races every weekend up and down the country. Any coverage showing elite athletes and fun runners on the same bill has to be a good thing.