Options

Ex-Pats URWFRC

2»

Comments

• Options
    Those of us running in hot weather (it's not all good news!), how do you rate your times vs cold running?

I reckon at 28-30c I'm at least a minute/ml off my UK pace.....
  • Options
    Trinirunner - there is an equation, but it is in Farenheit which I don't understand. TRanslated (very, very) roughly into centigrade, you lose 10 secs per mile for every 10 degrees above/below 15C. Or summat like that.

LizzyB in a warm and sunny Iceland where we haven't had snow for weeks an'didn't have much to start off with an' it is meant to be a ski resort an' I am v. pee'd off an' it is like May here an' all the flowers are coming up an' I haven't even used my big off piste snowboard yet cos conditions have been so sh*te GIVE US BACK OUR SNOW YOU ENGLISH B&&&&RDS!!!!!!
  • Options
    (sorry, I do feel quite strongly about this lack of snow thing)
  • Options
    Hi there... Snow bah I hate the stuff at the moment...

I can not get my long runs in for the FLM at the moment

panic has not yet set in but getting close to it...

SB
  • Options
    Swiss Bobby - swap?
  • Options
    LizzyB - think we have some of it in Sweden! White everywhere, -15, and sunny (until a second ago).
  • Options
    LizzyB, Ouch not nice to have no snow....

Global warming is not all its cracked up to be...
  • Options
    Lizzy, you can have the bloody stuff back, I'm sick of it! Running in the forest this morning was v. hard, lots of snow underfoot varying from 6 inches to above-the-knee!

And I've had enough of shovelling the stuff off my pavements every day! (In Germany you are responsible for clearing the areas in front of your house from 7am onwards).
  • Options
    Oh yes, I always forget about the shovelling aspect when I whinge about the lack of snow - an hour a day it can take, who needs a gym?

Running in it is dire too, but we're luckly becuase even the bridlepaths and footpaths get cleared after a day or so so there's usually somewhere to run. The thaw is the worst part!

But this weekend, as we were skiing/snowboarding on a strip of wet slush as wide as a car, I would have happily cleared the snow from 20 houses in return for some of the white stuff.

Still, Ive been out on my road bike this week, not bad for February.