Runner's World 15-Mile Training Run, Richmond Park

Comments

• BRM & NickM

Have emailed you both regarding Easter Sunday.

Proposal is for 3 circuits of RP at slow pace (9.30mm to 10mm) with an 8am start. If anyone else is interested let me know.

• StephenV

Thanks, I'll be there (Broomfield Hill Car Park?) on Easter Sunday. I quite like the 0800 start but I don't mind a later start if that makes it easier for others to get there?

If we have two cars on the day, we could put one in Broomfield car park and one in, say, Pembroke Lodge car park and use them as drinks stations - they'd be three or four miles apart.
    -------------------------
    Nick M

Thanks, Meet this Sunday (6 Mar) in the foyer of Kingston Stn (out of the cold) at 0900 (earlier if you like)? Intention is to do slow and steady 17M (10mpm negotiable). Anyone else? StephenV?
  • Does anyone know of a long(ish) run over the Easter break. I have done the Maidenhead 10 a few times, but would like to do something different...

Thank u
  • BRM - car plan sounds good, we can finalise nearer the time on this thread.

I've already arranged to run in RP this sunday am, thanks anyway.

• Pizza Man, very delayed response, but I was mostly wearing blue gilet, black cap and a buff(scarf type thing) and glasses!
    glad to sorta meet ya!!
    and ll the rest of you by the way!
  • I remember the guy in the buff ....... belated hello.

What time did we do?
  • BRM & StephenV

could I tag along for the Easter Sunday outing please? 8am start perfect for me.

About this Sunday's run, I was actually planning on exactly that route (I live near river, between Kingston/Surbiton) but for Saturday am. But wouldn't mind company so might do some re-jigging of my schedule (life that is not running schedule). Can I let you know later?
  • MumOnTheRun - no probs. Better start a list

Easter Sunday Richmond Park 8am Slow Run
    3 circuits = 21.6 miles @ 9.30mm to 10mm

StephenV
    NickM
    BRM
    MumOnTheRun

Meeting point to be confirmed
  • dunno PM, forgot to stop the watch, but pacer bloke said we were spot on time?!!?
  • StephenV & Mum - Looking forward to Easter Sunday.

Two lists, I think:

Sun 6 Mar 2005, 0900 17M Slow Run
    Meet in Kingston Stn foyer
    River path to Walton and return = 17 miles @ 10.00mpm (little faster if we're up to it)

BRM
    NickM
    MumOnTheRun
    ---------------------------

StephenV
    NickM
    BRM
    MumOnTheRun

--------------------------------
  • Hello Mr Cresote and Pizza Man, I was in the 7 mins / mile bunch as well. The pacer did a fabulous job. I stopped my watch on 1hr 44min 19sec. Each lap was just seconds over 52mins - outstanding as the guy was running on " feel " without a GPS. He paced the run last year as well, and I hope that I can find him on 17th April! For what it's worth I was ( still am, I guess ) the Irish bloke in the Addidas leggings, and blueish Lowe Alpine tee over a black Helly - very fetching I'm sure! Good to run with you all. I've been running as Billy no Mates since Christmas - following a particular schedule.
  • Martin JMartin J ✭✭✭
    i wouldn't mind joining the Easter sunday run- was with the 10 min group on sunday
  • Slender - welcome aboard

River path to Walton and return = 17 miles @ 10.00mpm (little faster if we're up to it)

BRM
    NickM
    MumOnTheRun

StephenV
    NickM
    BRM
    MumOnTheRun
    Slender

• I wouldn't mind joining in on Easter Sunday too - please count me in, if its OK to gate crash (not literally!).
    Sunday was the first time I went over 13 miles, I was in the 10 min group, which I was fine with until the last 2 miles, then faltered a bit (with sore/cold knee) but did finish a minute or so after the group, so hopefully should keep up with you guys.
    Please let me know when a meeting point is decided on (suggest same as Sunday? - I don't really know the area, so it would be helpful as it should look familiar!!)
    Thanks guys - I'm needing all the events, help, encouragement and running companions as possible as building to my first FLM .
  • Hi everyone

BRM- yeah, thats great for Sunday, I have got your mail so I will give you a ring near the end of the week.

Everyone else- Easter Sunday looks good, it will be nice to run with a few people and put a few faces to some names.

speak to you all soon.
  • Rachael Little 2 - if its a race you want theres always the Cranleigh 15/21 on Easter Sunday. If you manage to do the 15 in 2 hours 45 the you can go on and do another 6 - nice countryside..adn its spot on for the longest run if your're following the RW FLM plans
  • uh-oh - rachel - sorry on two counts:
    I got the dates wrong - Cranleigh is actually 20th March not Easter weekend (just as well I checked - would have been a bit lonely!)..and its also full I'm afraid. Anyone else doing it? Also am in for both Reading 1/2 and SIlverstone - am only going to do one but can't decide which Any of you "veterans" got any advice?
  • Hi Melanie- The Reading is a good half to do and you finish in the Stadium which feels great. There is a lot of support most of the way which helps . I may join you on Easter Sunday in Richmond Park if I cannot find anything nearer to home. Good luck to everyone in the FLM. I couldn't get in so am doing the Paris marathon on the 10th April.
  • Rachael - I've added you in for easter sunday.
    Melanie - I'm doing Cranleigh. A few of us are using it as a training run rather than a race. Probably doing 9.30mm - 10mm pacing. There will no doubt be a thread soon under 'events' where people will add in their race numbers.

BRM
    NickM
    MumOnTheRun

3 circuits = 21.6 miles @ 9.30mm to 10mm pace

StephenV
    NickM
    BRM
    MumOnTheRun
    Slender
    rachael little 2

• Just caught up with this thread since Sunday.

Yes, the run was good. Josie Jump, was that you in the psychedelic fleece? I started off in the 11 min mile group, but eventually finisheed in a little under 3hours, with a group of people, it was fun! Longest run before that this year was 9.5 miles so pretty pleased. Left some blue energy drink in the loos at Pembroke Lodge on the first lap, so was pretty glad to pick it up on the second lap as really got me through- thanks for no-one switching it for antifreeze in the interim!

I didn't know a guy collapsed, sounds pretty bad not only to have a heart attack but to arrest as well. I wish him all the best, lucky for him help was at hand.

Well done everyone, mostly for braving the temps!

I reckon 3 laps of Richmond park is in order before the FLM, best not to think about that now!

See some of you at the Reading Half on Sunday

xx
  • Martin JMartin J ✭✭✭
    Thought I would bring this back to the top.
    Still on for three laps this coming Sunday?
  • Definitely. To remind everyone:

3 circuits = 21.6 miles @ 9.30mm(ish) pace

Slender
    StephenV

Suggest we meet at the same car park and assemble on the grass where the RW paced run started.
  • Martin JMartin J ✭✭✭
    For Susan Lunn - I said I would bring this to the top for her
  • Stephen, I am still intending to come, my calfs have been playing me merry hell for the last two weeks, I could hardly walk after 14 miles last week, but I will play it by ear, you have my mail, send me one later this week & we can sort out the fine details

Regards

Nick
  • Stephen, I'll be there. You may remember that a contributor to this thread pointed out that turning right at Sheen Gate and going to Roehampton Gate via the mini-roundabout increases the lap from 7.2M to 7.5M.

Is anyone else coming to the Park by car? If so, we can put one car in Broomfield and my car in Richmond Gate car park, and use them as drinks stations. People should, therefore, bring their drinks in at least two bottles.

Nick, Sorry about your calves, my bullocks have been acting up as well. Greatly enjoyed the towpath run with you and Susanne, hope to see you both on Sunday. Susanne, are you reading this?
  • OK - good to see the numbers creeping up. Also, a couple more may be joining us of the 3.45 FLM thread plus my mate Ali.

Regarding bottles, I was just going to swap after each lap.

So list is now potentially:

Slender
    StephenV
    BRM
    Ali
    Steve J
    Nick M (calves permitting)

Suggest we meet at the same car park - Broomfield Hill - and assemble on the grass where the RW paced run started (ie opposite to the car park entrance).
  • I'm still up for the Easter Sunday run in Richmond (my name seems to have dropped off the list!) See you 8am same place as the RW training run - looking forward to it (sort of!) - should be slightly milder than the last one!
  • OK rachel

Slender
    StephenV
    BRM
    Ali
    Steve J
    Nick M (calves permitting)
    Ross
    Rachel Little 2

Suggest we meet at the same car park - Broomfield Hill - and assemble on the grass where the RW paced run started (ie opposite to the car park entrance).
  • Stephen V - found it!!

Should be there for 8 - never been b4 so can anyone let me know where Broomfield Car Park is (I'm from Essex and will be coming up the A3 probably)

Many thanks
    Steve.
  • Martin JMartin J ✭✭✭
    Steve J
    If you go to the top of the page and click on the link to the event title this will take you to a map provided by the organisers. Robin hood gate entrance to the park is just off the A3 and would be the easiest route but this entrance is shut!. The map takes you left at the Robin hood roundabout onto the A308 towards the Kingston Gate entrance, I think