Looking for training routes in/around Huntingdon ??

Hi,
I'm moving to Huntingdon at the beginning of March, and I would appreciate any information about training routes or harriers/clubs in this area.
Cheers,
Joe

Comments

• HI Joe!

There are a couple of small villages near Huntingdon called Houghton, Wyton, Hemingford Grey & Hemingford Abbots. There is also a town called St Ives. If you combine all these there are amny routes which you can make fro around 40mins to 1h 30mins. Good scenary too, as they pass through meadows and thickets.

The best club to join is probably St Ives Running Club, which meet at the OutdooR Centre on California Road in St Ives on Tuesday nights, at around 7ish .

Hope that helps.

Joe.
  • Thats great, I know where St. Ives is so that'll get me started.

Thanks,

Joe
  • don't stray too far though - you might be detained at the Immigration Centre at Oakington Barracks (or eaten by the detainees. Or the locals come to think of it.)
  • Hi Joe. I live fairly near to Huntingdon and there are some great routes both on and off road. Grafham Water (reservoir) is nearby and is about 9 miles round, mainly on a cycle track. There is also a good running club in St Neots....might see you around... Amanda
  • Thanks Amanda!

any other information about places to go, or things to do/see, would be appreciated, as i don't realy know many people in the area.

Cheers,
    Joe