sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• ok, songs for my iPod. So far...

I've been driving my my car - Madness
    Who's gonna drive you home? - Cars
    The long and winding road - Beatles (played continuously on repeat through miles 15-21)

any other suggestions?
  • dazza...I sense a theme here..what about:

Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
    These Boots are Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra
    The only way is up - Yazz
  • Dazza

Spencer Davis, "Keep on Running"

Elton John "I'm Still Standing"

REM "Shiny Happy People"

Stereophonics "Have a nice day"

BBC Music, "theme for the London Marathon"

That last one gets you going.

• or...

'Loser' - Beck

'Everybody Hurts' - REM

;-)
  • Love and Marriage -Frank Sinatra?
  • Higo

After your 8 pints and curry, shurely it should be

Tubthumping - Chumbawumba (in your case Chundawumba?)
  • at the very least

'Dizzy' - Vic and Bob (or Wonderstuff)
  • I shall be listening to Morrissey of course ...

- Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
    - Panic
    - What Difference Does It (Training) Make?

... and my favourite ...

- I Started Something I couldn't Finish

El C
  • Put me down for the theme tune to Titanic.............................
  • Hawk Nelson - Long and Lonely Road
  • Higo, What about the theme to "Superman" ?

• don't stop me now - queen

been debating bout taking ipod - always have it on my long runs. but i reakon there will be lots of entertainment on day but it may be handy to get me through bad patches. any thoughts?

injury peeps :-( how frustrating - i've just recovered from an ankle injury myself - was touch and go. quite a few tears but luckily cos i listened to physio was able to run. thinking of you both.
  • What kind of socks will everyone be wearing?
  • Regarding interactive TV coverage. There is a difference between satelite and freeview. Freeview will have fewer options on the day. I think for freeview viewers like myself the options will be whatever is on BBC1 or BBC2 plus the option to watch the elite men's race or the elite women's race. Sky viewers may have more choice possibly including coverage of the finish. I don't know the details but I am still trying to find out at work (the BBC!)

Jo Jo Gunn: "Run, Run, Run"

Jackson Browne: "Running on empty"!!!!

You can tell how old I am.

I am confident my foot will survive particularly with virtually no running this week.

Re alcohol, I stopped after a party last Friday. My theory is that it has got to be better in terms of hydration as well as just keeping the body detoxed.
    I am also on two doses of echinacia (or however you spell it) to boost the imune system and ward off any colds.
    Good luck all.
  • Falke -RU3

They are really good and also they have left and right on for plebs just like me..
  • Higo x, i'm not joking, they are the same as mine. My sister bought me them for Christmas, i still get them on the wrong feet. Although i havent found this a problem, except when turning left,or is it right. I knew we would have something in common.

Howard, you old party animal, i never get invited to any, have to make my own entertainment.

Echinacia, did you buy that off someone at the party, do you smoke it or sniff it?

Only joking, i missed chemsistry at school, never heard of Echinacia, can you get in Boots?
  • socks - 1000 mile socks..just got a new pair
  • Twin skin socks - blister free so far!
  • Superman,

we need to finalise the arrangements, what do you reckon? I'm coming down the smoke Saturday afternoon, are we having a rendevous before the big day?
  • Hello Higo

Do you have a hotel room booked for us? I won't except anything less than 3 stars, room service and a mini-bar. The little chocolate on the pillow would nice as well.

Seriously, i think the logistics would make a meeting on Saturday impossible as i am tied up with my family arriving. If a meeting Sunday morning can be agreed somewhere between the Red and Blue starts then i am game for it. I dont think they are that far apart.

:¬D
  • That's sounds sensible Superman, you will have to suggest the R.V. point.

Went for a quick 4 miler last night, my legs felt awful, stiff and heavy and full of niggles!! Tapering madness, they feel fine this morning.

Have a look at the Paris training blog thread, there is a guy on there that has been injured for most of his training - have a look it's quite moving.
  • P.S. hope you aren't getting cold feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • a pair of hilly double layer (well worn in)

Linda - personally i do not think an i-pod
    on the day is needed. I always run with my
    mp3 player - but for the FLM there is too
    much support to need it.
  • JuddermanJudderman ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Natnif - like you i will be sporting a pair of Hillys
    Hilly Mono Skin Padded Training
    they have one long run on them (21 miles) and are nice and fresh.
    I had given some thought (well actually an awful lot of thought - too much to be healthy) to wearing Hilly Marathon Fresh but they are a little thinner than the MonoSkin Padded and i have not done more than 13 miles in them so i am going for what i know.
    Didn't realise i could write so much on the subject of socks.

I don't run with an mp3 player but have been thinking of trying later on in the year - what headphones do people use and how do you manage to keep em in?
  • Hi all
    I have been regularly amused and inspired by this forum over the last few months and feel that I have a lot to thank you guys for. Not least to confirm that I am not alone in my mad obsession with sub-4 hours, or the way this marathon has taken over my life recently!
    Sunday is my first ever marathon and I am v excited and nervous already.
    Interested to hear that some of you will not be carrying mp3/ipods on the day, I ALWAYS run with music and was planning to take my mp3 but do you think I will be missing out on crowd support/not be able to hear my own music anyway on the day?
    I am starting at blue start and may try to join the sub-4 RW pacer group. I'll be in lumious yellow vest with purple/green side strips and Eating Disorders Association on front and back. Sadly my running partner sister has had to defer til next year due to injury so I'll be all alone, say hi if you see me!

Good luck everyone, lets hope for good running weather.
  • Oh bugger, I've picked up a cold, not too serious at the moment, just a soreness at the back of my throat but the timing isn't very good.

Still I must remain positive, I did the English national xc champs with a cold by dosing myself up with ibuprophen so it comes to it I'll do the same on Sunday.

Don't bother with your mp3 players, you will be missing out on an atmosphere that you will not find at any other UK event. Print your name on the front of your vest and the crowd will call out to you, this can be a great way of taking your mind off the task of running especialy if you engage with the crowd at the same time.

Do yourselves a favour and leave them at home, there is plenty of street side music anyway.
  • bit of a sore in my achilles do you think i should keep on my training this week or rest it up till sunday don't like to be to inactive before a race like this get too nevrous
  • wr - try a easy run but if it starts to niggle stop.........you won't lose much (if anything) by doing nothing this week..........

can I remind those at the Blue start that I (and Mitten) will be coordinating a URWFRC meeting point for forumites outside the church between Blackheath Station and the start area.......I should be there about 8:45 and will be wearing a blue URWFRC t-shirt (still haven't finally decided on my running top yet!).............

you can check out what I look like here......

http://www.richk.co.uk/Grim/Grim.htm

or here

http://www.richk.co.uk/SodSlog/Slog106.htm