Prue
Running caz
Juicer
Des
Mudlark

Anyone else coming???!!!???

Comments

• Options
    Think there are a lot more possibles after todays post run drink and chat!!

There is also a half and a 10k option. Gavin, Anthony, you know you wanna!! Someones got to save poor Des from male solitude ;-)
  • Options
    Hi... a small group of us are looking at doing this - some doing half and maybe 1 or 2 doing the full marathon.

Who have you booked flights through - just been looking at Easyjet from Gatwick.

Have you sorted accommodation?? We're looking at making a long weekend of it - fly out Friday and come back Monday!!
  • Options
    HS - we're going out Sat morn and coming back Mon eve. We've booked flights with BMI from Coventry (I think) and accomodation is currantly under consideration :-)
  • Options
    MMmmm, might have to give this one serious consideration.
  • Options
    Caz, flights are through BMI from Birmingham International.

HS - they cost about £45 all in.

Gonna try and sort accommodation by the end of the week.
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Hs - have you got your accommodation sorted? You have loads of options for flights if your flying from LGW or LHR. I bet BA and KLM have some good deals, as its like catching a bus from london.

juicer - have since had chat with a new lady from work just come over from co-op travel, she said that the botel has been re-furbished now and is loads better than before. Said that the Tulip was dodgy still.

caz - flights definitely from bhx. Flythomson did them from coventry and they were quite cheap 2 but BMI were the cheapest.

Come on!!! Anyone else up for it?
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    LW - Consideration???? Its cheaper than running London, it gets you out the UK, and you can recover in sytle!
  • Options
    Don't think I'm realistically going to be able to do this one :o( Would've liked to come along as an ex-pat BEANS.
  • Options
    Prue - BA are quite expensite cus of their taxes. Easyjey cheapest I've found so far at about £50. Haven't sorted accommodation yet - need to get all the peeps that are thinking about it to committ.
  • Options
    Yes - I definitely feel we all need committing !!!
  • Options
    Caz, Prue, Juicer - sorry can't make this Wednesday. Hope to see you at another gathering soon!!!

As for Amsterdam Mara, it's been on my list for a couple of years now. I'd love to commit myself to it but can't right now as my foot is still a bit dodgy. I'll have to see how the next couple of weeks go.
  • Options
    UM - no probs :-) There'll defo be other times!!

Hope foot improves quickly and that this one becomes a defo :-)
  • Options
    Well I've done the first bit - I've entered online for the half.

I'm leaving doing a full marathon until next year as I haven't done one since 1998 and have suffered from a calf problem in the last 12 months or so and want to take things steady.
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    UM - Sorry you can't make it, would have been great to catch up :-)

Sorry to hear about the foot :-( <thinking of you> its such a bumer when your injured....

I'll keep fingers crossed for all of us and injuries, and lets hope you can make it. We have a few more months to go yet.
  • Options
    Yep, Ultra Minnie. Good luck with the foot, and hope to catch up soon xxx
  • Options
    has anyone done this one before? thinking about it...quite tempting I take it it is fairly flat and fast?
  • Options
    Really flat and fast - excellent start and finish in the Olympic Stadium

Did it last year and thinking about possible repeat this year.

• Options
    I keep reading that it is two loops - but when I looked on website the course doesn't look like it - can you confirm?! also I hear there are cobbles?
    I ran the Snowdonia Marathon last year and fancy something a little more flat and faster (well at least potentially!!)
  • Options
    The first loop from the stadium returns to the stadium for a lap of the track (at around 5 miles from memory).

There is then a much bigger loop, including along a river, returning eventually through Amsterdam to the stadium.

Cobbles not a major factor
  • Options
    thank you Scott, still tempted....! have you decided yet?
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    scott - at what mile are the cobbles an how long for? Please don't say between 18-20?!?!

Any one else tempted???
  • Options
    HI everyone Slowcoach Bill has booked his place,Hotel,and flight for Amsterdam.
    My aim is to improve on my time at Rome6hrs13mins,hence the nickname.
  • Options
    Cobbles is perhaps misleading as they are block paviors. As such they like Martin sayes are not a problem as they are flat on top unlike cobbles which are dommed on top. Ive done this twice before and may be there this year again. The teeshirt your given is like most Dutch Marathons a proper technical tee Mitsui I think.
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Fab SC Bill

Marathon

Prue
    Running caz
    Juicer
    Des
    Mudlark
    Slowcoach Bll

Half

HS and crew

Anyone else coming???!!!???
  • Options
    Halo is doing this..
  • Options
    Bham SnailBham Snail ✭✭✭
    Hi

I'll be there along with a few others from the Staffordshire area. Information on our trip can be found on www.meerbrook15k.co.uk.

Not to sure if I'm going to do the marathon or half yet.
  • Options
    running cazrunning caz ✭✭✭
    Nibbs is up for this now too defo. So:-

Marathon:-

Prue
    Running caz
    Juicer
    Des
    Mudlark
    Slowcoach Bll
    Halo
    Nibbs

Half:-

HS and crew

Birmingham Snail - would have added you to list but wasn't sure if you are doing full or half?
  • Options
    Hi all,

I am going to be there. It is my first marathon so it will definitely be a matter of seeing you (way after) the end! I love Amsterdam and couldn't resist this one.

Would also be interested on hearing others choices for accommodation.

RSG
  • Options
    Have you sorted out accommodation yet? Seriously tempted to come and do the half marathon because;
    i) I've got a birthday in October and it needs to be seriously celebrated
    ii) It'll be my last serious race for a while because I've got a Sports Massage course starting the weekend before which is going to take up all my time for 6 month
  • Options
    Myself and Mt T booked flights and accomodation in Jan, but we're staying 4 nights as lovel the city!! There is also a neurological conference the same weekend meant my folks had terrible trouble getting decent hotel, but they can't exactly slum it!
    We're staying at Groenhof hotel right by Vondel Park, perfect location, 10min walk to centre and about 20 min to start race.
    Marathon:-

Prue
    Running caz
    Juicer
    Des
    Mudlark
    Slowcoach Bll
    Halo
    Nibbs

Half:-

HS and crew
    Tequila