Tree Tops 5

This just happens to be whilst I'm down on holiday. Is it worth a trip to Newquay for?

Comments

• JJ I have never done it, but it is popular locally!
  • KessmanKessman ✭✭✭
    JJ,a 2 lap fastish course, although not flat,opening 2m very quick ,2 to 3miles is undulating, worst climb at 2.5m (you only do once)before you go round again.Race is part of the cornish grand prix,approx 250 runners.Also a fun run.Entry forms and details on Newquay road runners site.
  • But is it pretty ? :-)

I'll probably enter on the day if we do go over.
  • I'm down that way as well on holiday, Tree Top sounds picturesque, is it? Otherwise I may just go out running in the country.
  • Nathan

If you around Polzeath or Rock and see a slightly overweight but grinning lady runner, give me a smile :-)
  • JJ.Race starts in the village square, and then straight out into very quiet country lanes.As it is 2 laps, there is always good crowd support around the half way mark.
    I originally set the race up 17 years ago, when it was sponsored by the local pub, i.e. the Tree Tops Inn, hence the race name.Unfortunately, the pub is now in a state of ruin due to the latest owners purchasing it for one reason only, and that to build homes on the site.
    This year though, the race H.Q. will be the local junior school, where there will be a bar, refreshments, entertainment etc.
    This is always a brilliant race, well organised, loads of prizes etc etc, and a great atmosphere.Organised by the Newquay Roadrunners, it wont be a wasted journey.
    Also this year, a lot of ladies from the local Womens Running Network branch in Newquay will be doing this one as their first ever race.
    See you on the night , dont be late, and enjoy your holiday in Cornwall.