Friday Session

Today is a great day because:
It's my birthday.
I'm on holiday for 2.5 weeks.
Finished all my work yesterday a whole day before my deadline giving me today off as well.
Off to Snowdonia for a few days where on behalf of all of you I plan to run up Snowdon by way of a 3 Peak's training run. No no, don't mention it.

Today: 6 miles off road. Stacks of birthday cake.
Why: see above, just want to enjoy myself

Have a good weekend all.

Comments

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!

have a great day, enjoy Wales and IMHO, running up and down Snowdon deserves an entire birthday cake.

:-)

mm
  • Happy birthday, Laura. And happy hols.

I'm hoping to pound a few Cumbrian pikes this weekend - staying near the foot of Skiddaw so that's first, then Scafell on Monday, weather permitting. It's exactly 20 years since I last climbed Scafell. Then in two weeks I plan to send the rest of the family up Snowdon by rail while I follow on foot.

When are you doing Ben Nevis, or is that already in the bag?

Cheers, V-rap.
  • Many happy returns Laura, I take it its not a milestone year like 21. Enjoy the holiday
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Laura! Hope you enjoy your hols.

What - the 4.5 miles I should have done yesterday but didn't because I was too busy reading a load of stuff from our solicitor re. the flat we're buying.
    Why - See 'What'!
    Last hard - Wednesday (1K intervals in the pouring rain - fun!!)
    Last rest - Yesterday (unintentional).

Have a good weekend all!
  • Cheers all, sorry I messed up the thread; due to early morning confusion.

Have a good weekend in the Lakes Vrap, it's a perfect forecast for doing Scafell - wet and windy! But you never know what you're going to get around here, hope you get lucky. If not, there are all those tearooms in Keswick to keep you happy.

Haven't done Ben Nevis; that's for another time.
  • Happy Birthday Laura!

What : 2 fairly quick miles followed by some hill sprints
    Why : beacuase I want to run faster!
    Last hard : Yesterday
    LAst rest: weds

Have a good weekend all.
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Laura and don't forget to do some speed work when you're on your hols! You could try sprinting down Snowdonia as you'd probably manage sub 4 minute mile pace (and a broken leg or two)
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    What: Either a rest or 15-20 mile cycle
    Why: Unplanned hill session last night (planned 5 miles easy, ended up 4 miles sprints/hill sprints)

I have found a hill where I can do 4 x 45sec + 30sec recovery without turning round. OUCH! Aim is one day to be able to run the whole way up the hill, rather than in 4 lots.

Saturday will be a long run. 10 miles is the plan. Sunday, possibly cycling again, or swimming, depending on the weather.

I really feel I am beginning to make progress, and I'm pretty confident of a PB (albeit still pretty slow) at the Glasgow half on 8th September. Wow, I can't believe I just said that!
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Laura and have a great holiday!

What: 15 miles long slow run
    Why: decided to change days for my long run
    last hard day: Wed
    last rest day: Tues
  • Happy holidays Laura!

What : 3 miles easy (except the hill)
    Why : becuase I want to start to do 4 runs a week. This ones number 3.

Last hard : Run:Tues Swim:Yesterday
    LAst rest: Wednesday

Week one of my increased outings.