If I ever do this again please shoot me

Due to having to look after DM jnr on long run day I decided to do my long run on the treadmill.

Felt really good after an hour and carried on up to 13.1m

This morning I feel like i've been hit by a large truck.

So,this is my advice;

1)Dont do your long run on the treadmill.
2)If you feel the urge to do so seek the help of a psychiatrist.

Comments

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I would have been very bored running 13.1 miles on a treadmill. I assume this was at home if you were looking after jnr? Why do you think you are suffering so bad today? Is it to do with the distance or the surface of the treadmill?

I've only ever run 3 miles on a treadmill and didn't find the surface too bad.
  • Hilly,
    I tend to set the treadmill to 1-2% incline to make it more like outdoor running.This is to compensate for lack of wind resistance etc.

You are still though in effect,running up a slight hill for the full duration of the run.

This is what my body is telling me today anyway!
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Well I hope you feel better soon. Stick to short treadmill sessions!
  • I use a treadmill whenever I am working offshore, no-one likes it if you try and run for an hour round the heli-deck, and you get very dizzy apparently.
    What I have found is that after the first couple of times my hips hurt(?) and also the balls of my feet, like you I set it for 1% - 2% incline.
    I also have done long sessions, good for the concentration or switching your brain off, was this session longer than you have done before? Were you varying the speed or going faster than normal? What part hurts anyway?