Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• I don't think so,in about a month my plan'll look like this :-

Sun - LSR (aiming to do at least 3 22 milers and keep going up and down,e.g.13 one week,15 the following week,then back down to 13,then up to 18 etc etc.)

Mon - 800's (aiming to get up to 12 reps)

Tues - 10 miles steady/fast (in about 1hr15)

Wed - Club

Thurs - Same as Tues

Fri - Hills

Sat - Bike

That's the plan but it may change depending on how I feel. I may do 2 sessions a day for 2/3 days a week later on in the program.

I'm looking forward to training for London again through the winter. I think this summer we've been pretty lucky as so far it hasn't been too hot and it hasn't been hot for long periods of time.

Probably just cursed us though......
  • What a nightmare.......been doing speed work for this 5K next week and I now have a terrible pain in my knee...dont know what it is, it right in my knee cap, never had it before, had to stop running today.
  • Oh no,that's not good Jinx.Are you going to get it checked out?
  • Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Evening all,

GTinger 5k then gym because (and I don't know why) right hamstring felt dodgy. All followed up with a bottle of henry westons. (Whohoo)
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Welsh poppy
    Not agree with you ?????????? ME ?????
    I'm still biting my lip to avoid responding to your schedule !!!!! Just think yourself luck I'm still only lurking !!!
    And It was me !!! I sent all those cyclists down the cycle path in an effort to get them out of my way and to slow you down !!!!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    George
    So you were there were you? The major problem was the whole route cycle track along Waunarllwyd,forestfach to Marquis arms and back saw some team mates of yours....how did you do?
    I was shocked that hardly any cyclists had helmets on!!!!!

Keep biting your lip ;-)I think that way it is easier for me;-)

Slow me down?????

YES you;-) not that you know that well at all;-) I think I better go for my run before I get into trouble;-)!!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Less than a week now - ooooh exciting. Not.I haaaaaate 5Ks,grrrrrr.

Jinx,are you clubbing tonight?

WP,are you in the Harriers? I saw some of the Harrier girls training last night on the field by the National Pool.
  • 100 :)

Just got my number 4!! does this mean I have to start with all the skinny people at the front?
    Thats so not fair I entered all 3 races early and it is my club and what number do I get AGAIN 400 and something:-(

Well done on getting no 4 Phil;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

I keep trying for 666. It's the number I deserve.
    Ooh are you the devil then Alex;-)

can I just say YES we got the olympics!!!!!

Runs around the thread very excited by it all:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

Ooooooh yes. So pick up your weapons and fight.

Anyway, good newz on the olympics. Just gotta speed up a bit by 2012. Any 7 year training plans ?
    Well I was thinking of starting my training tomorrow morning I am on a 7 year plan think my best option is to add another leg for speed;-)or just 7 years of speed work and I should be ready.......for the knackers yard;-)

Oooh I don't fight I think I better just run away you are scaring me!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I'm on a 7 year plan too,bring it on!

Hey, you are lucky enough not to be joking JA !
  • Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

And I know I know I know I know I know I want you

PS Just to clarify, I'm excited about the Olympics, not Welsh Alex...
  • Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Although Welsh Alex is a nice guy, it's just that, you know, not in that way...
    Aw thanks Greeny did not know you cared about me;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry WP, precisely where do you think you figure in the above?
    Sob sob sob sob
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    [Treat 'em mean, keep 'em lean...]
    I have gone off you bigtime!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hello girls and boys,how's everyone doing?

WP,we will have to meet down at the 5K Tuesday so I can put a face to the typing!

Did another 8 miler tonight,the schedule originally said 6 but coach said that because I was feeling good that I could do 8.Kind isn't he?

Got a 6 miler at 10K pace tomorrow night. Will have done 42 miles by the end of this week so a good week of miles under my belt.Not bad for week one of marathon training.

Alex,how's it going?

Jinx,where've you gone????

Hope everyone is well :-)

Evening JA,

Looks like thingz are going well for you there. Most things are well with me, hope all is with you too and everyone else (inc. the kidnapped Jinx).

I had Sun off after the mad-getting-lost-on-box-hill thing last sat. Felt fine after it but on Mon pm my right hamstring was tender. Gentle 5k + gym on mon night and it was tweaking so tue + wed off. 8 miles tonight (Gowerton-Cockett-Grovesend-Gowerton) easy pace and although I can feel the hamstring slightly it was working ok. Had to resist temptation to push it, especially near the end. More tomorrow night, will prob do 6-8 miles.

Got the Wyre Valley Half in Worcestersostercestershire on Sun so that should be fun. Lunch in the pub with RichK, Caz and a few others after. Looking foreword to it. Hope it will not be too hot. I still have a burn mark on my back (where I missed with the factor 50) from the Sarn Helen Hill Race a couple of months ago !

Greeny, Treat ‘em mean, get punched in the face. That is more the modern ethos. WP – there will be a time and a place to strike !

That should be garden village not grovesend else it would be about 15 miles !
    Alex

You will have to tell me more about your route to cockett and garden village etc I am up to 12 miles and that takes me past the Marquis arms and back.

You are so right I am waiting for the right moment to strike beating him once again at the 5k sounds like the perfect place;-))))

Give my best to Richk when you see him top guy:-) good luck on Sunday

JA
    Yes we will hopeful meet at the 5K

good training this week and great for you 1st week marathon training

things still going well for me and achived everything I needed to in training this week yesterday 10 miles which was 2 miles warm up 2 miles@9mm 2miles@8.45 2 miles@ 8.30 and 2 miles easy which was down cycle track and along to pier and back well if I had done it on the hills I think I may have failed;-) but find the route boring
    so 10 miles on my hills in about 1.5 hours:-)

Come in JINKS

Good luck with training today guys
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

Morning Poppy

Route :

Gowerton - Cae Mansel to Mount Pleasant to Talbot St to Sterry Rd

Then

Main Rd to Waunarlwydd, same way you run then to cockett, left a lights to marquis, down hill past Tesco Extra, take a left.

Take a right and along the long road that goes past CEM Days. St Roundabout take the Garden Village exit. Left in Kingsbridge and across the common back to Gowerton Square. Past Junior school to park Rd. Up park rd, down mount pleasant to cae mansel.
  • Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    WP - I'm not sure I can make it Tueday now so not sure I can give a lift. Are you able to make alternative arrangements to get there just in case?

Sorry - You know I will try my best to be there as I love our 'races' !!

Oh and the pasta is quite good too...