Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Yup, sadly it has sussed I am not in france. Tried fiddling with my firewall and changing my regional settings. Guess my ip address gives it away.

Rats.
  • The page that I get to gives me the option of what language I want to view the site in,so I select English obv then it works.
    Weird it's not working for you.

No. Sitll got me sussed. Found a site with somewhat stilted coverage and a dutch site that if only I could understand in order to register .....

• I went out for a nice plod midday lol

Mad as a hatter. Would not run in the summer me don't you know.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Just back home...how is my boy doing?

Jen, that would be fab if it is no bother for a lift for the 5k:-)

Alex

it is always on euro sport from 11ish am highlight ITV2 6.30 tonight normally 7pm and 9pm Eurosport....;-)

Will look at Jinx site later:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

Thanks, will have to set a video or something. Don't think I have eurosport though.

9 miles (i'm guessing) tempo Gowerton to Blackpill and back on cycletrack. Sweating like a ...... well sweating a lot.

Should we all bail off on to the Race 3 thread now ?

(perhaps we should have a local thread or summat Alex, Poppy, Jen Jinx & Co's Ramblings ?)
    Alex sounds good to me we do need a rambling page;-)

I will let you organise it...I only organise whilst at work and I am on my holidays;-)

12 miles done and dusted but it was hard this morning way too hot and muggy and legs did not want to run fast at all.It was to be 8.45 pace GPS locked out lost 3 miles but when I divided 12 by the time it took it was av 8.43 so reasonably happy....these gadgets are not as accurate as we are led to believe.....Poppy kicks stupid GPS in the corner of the room!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • go get a garmin Poppy - you know you want to ;0))))

having said that, I was running with a person with a Navman on Monday - now that's an interesting piece of kit! Those of us with Garmin's lost signal in the woods - but the Navman stayed faithful!! and only one piece of equipment to do the lot - a bit bulky though
    Ooh setting video....I have never been able to set this stupid video and had it 2 years:-(

good run alex all depends where you started from but maybe just over 9 from my house to Black pill and back 4.5 to Gowerton 6 miles all through cycle track.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
    CDK

When you lose signal do you,lose miles as well??

I just think they all are not that accurate hence why not treated myself to garmin yet......the Nike one seems good as not linked to dodgy satelites??
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

Morning people,

I have a garmin 301 and it's performance on the cycletrack is pretty accurate but not 100%, i.e. the trees mean that it is out perhaps 20m over 5k.

Also if you stop in a particularly shaded bit too long it loses the sats.

Poppy, are you suggesting it could be 12 miles , Gowerton to Blackpill and back ?

Also, on the subject of a thread for these daily conversations, lets see what others think, I would not like to start one and find everyone else was happy hijacking various event threads as we do now.
  • A good one would be the Welsh thread, I will post in it to bring it back to the top....boing...boing (under General)
    10.5 I would say;-)

Stop on a run???? surely you run the whole time;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

Not that I stopped this time, but I have stopped to fiddle with my garmin b4 now.

No garmin last night so in the dark about the distance.
    Attention urgent message!!

Lance DVD is now in my hands:-)

Just need my I love the tour t shirt and yellow jersey to arrive from france;-)

Not that I like the TDF or anything:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
    Ooh my point I think...you had to fiddle with garmin before now

Winter time never have a problem with GPS loosing the signal just summertime

Marks and Spencer sale starts today;-) and no I have not been yet.

I have been back to bed for a nap only getting 4 hours a night with this heat and I am a 8-9 hours a night girl.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
    I am so tempted to buy the Lance 6 shooter dvd 24 hours 12 discs covering his 6 tour wins....but as he is going to win 7 maybe wait for the new one to come out???
    Decisions decisions
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hi guys,been really busy in work today and haven't had a chance to post.

This weather is ridiculous,going out to do a 10 miler in about half an hour.Going from my house to The Wave and back.It's 5 miles each way.Waiting until now because it's been so hot!

WP,nice easy day for Lance,he's looking pretty good in the yellow jersey.

Are we posting here now or the Welsh thread or what?

Hi,

Have not quite worked it out. Have posted on that thread a few times today but there seem to be other people with different discussions etc etc so maybe it might be better to have one more specific to our localised stuff ?

Also I am suspicious that the "Welsh" thread was not initially set up to take the piss out of us (welsh) thread hijackers.

Out myself shortly. Gonna run to kicks, do an hour or so and run back.

Looks hot. Have a great suntan on my neck plus various patches all over !
    Good luck out there tonight rather you than me!!

Jen

Yes nice easy day for Lance ,Yellow so becomes him;-)

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hey,run went well tonight.It's meant to be a steady 10 miler and I was trying to stick as close to 8 m/m as I could and I did the 10 in 1 hr 22.

I did the last 3 miles very hard,about 5K pace i'd say.Nice ice bath when I got in then.

Off to bed now so speak to you folks tomorrow :-)

Morning,

Well, I ran to the Gym yesterday slowly and ran back slower.

Poppy, do I get the feeling that there is something more about Lance than his Bicycle ?
    Morning

I was up and out at 5.30 but never made 0.5 mile sore throat,dehydrated and feeling ill RHR up 8 beats tried 3 times to run but knew i would not make the 10 miles and to do the hard 4 in middle....so I feel bad about it will drink plenty of fresh OJ today and hoping to sneak it in tomorrow instead. I can feel my fingers are swollen (had to take my ring off)and would explain why I was not faster on thursdays run.

Alex don't know what you mean, there is his bike, his cycling skills, his guts and determination, his team,I just so admire this man to come back from where he was rock bottom and achieve what he has done and he is kinda cute as well;-)

Jen

Good news and bad news for you
    GFA details

The helpful chappie was able to read the GFA qualification requirements out of the Marathon News magazine (which has yet to be distributed)

Male 18-40 ->2:45 to sub 3:00
    Male 41-59 -> sub 3:15
    Female 18-49 -> 3:15 to 3:45
    Female 50-54 -> sub 4:00
    Cut off date for receipt of application October 10th.

In other words, there is NO CHANGE in the qualifying times or age groups.
    The hard part is the cut off date. This is a Monday, the day after the Cardiff marathon, and 6 days prior to Abingdon marathon.
    If you get your GFA time at Cardiff, you will have to travel to London to deliver the paperwork, as they will only accept results by post or in person.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
    Oh and race number for Tenby has arrived:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hiya,thanks for that info.
    I'll have no choice but to go up to London after I get my GFA time then.
    I'm not doing an extra marathon for nothing!

Bit of a nightmare but at least Cardiff is within the cut off,feel really sorry for the Abingdon people.

Sorry you're not feeling well,take it easy now for the rest of the day and if you don't feel 100% tomorrow don't run.You've had a hard few weeks and a day or two off won't hurt.