Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options
    Hey Alex,you haven't seen my sprint finish - it's quite impressive!

Nice rest day for you then WP.I've got a 5K tonight for our monthly club race.It's on the field by the National Pool where the Harriers train.

Back to the schedule tomorrow.It's gone a bit pear shaped this week with the missed 18 miler and the race last night and tonight.

• Options
    Im back, what a great place Barcelona is, ate loads....dranks loads and now feel RAF

Back to the drawing board LOL
  • Options
    Welcome back Jinx,glad you had a good time.
    Back to the glorious summer weather eh?
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Quite right, but I do intend to be there to see it some time. I've not lost off 300m ever, although there is always a first time.

I tell you Jen, you could make a fortune if you could bottle your attitude. "More positive thinking from Jen".

I think the other way about myself and it is really not helpful.

Might go on the treadie today.
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭
  • Options
    The thing with me,this sounds really stupid,but I think i'm a lot better than I actually am and by thinking this way I try that much harder in races and training so get to the next level and do a lot better than I actually should.

And the big thing that works to my advantage is that I looooove pain and don't feel that i've worked hard enough unless I feel sick/faint/ill etc after a session/race.

You really ought to come to club Alex,you'd love the sessions we do.
  • Options
    Good morning everyone,how's it all going?

Another rubbish day weather wise but a million times better than the heat.

Quick 10 miler for me tonight.Quite tired today so can't say i'm looking forward to it but i'll be glad when it's done.

SNTSB5K
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Morning too all,

Slept in to 10:30. Nice.

Gym if I can get the time sorted today. See how it goes. Ate a large-ish meal last night, for me anyway. Steak, pancake roll, and a few chips. Not normally a chip person but had an urge.

• Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Oh, and going to lay off the hills this week as I reckon I have a very uncomfortable Sunday coming up.

Love the weather.
  • Options
    Probably a good plan.Make sure you have plenty of rest between now and Sunday,sounds like a toughey.
  • Options
    Anbody have the July race results, please can you mail them to me...muchos gracias
  • Options
    what a day.....treadmill tonight for me, you know when you just know its gona kill
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Come on guys I was out running in awful rain this morning did it put me off heck no!! 12.5 miles done;-) and over my hilly route so hills twice this week:-)

Jen

Fancy not doing your 18 because of rain.....get your self sorted rain is your friend:-)

Jinx

Get out on the roads and run treadmill are the work of the devil you never get anywhere in them.

I have a devil of a sore throat came on last night so drinking lots of OJ to get rid of it!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

I am only 98% myself Poppy. Blocked nose since yeasterday and I have coughed 3 times in the last 24 hours.

Jinx - I may have the results, I'll plough through my emails in a minute.
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Why don't we all spend the rest of the week winding Poppy up about Sunday ?
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    I am surrounded by tonsilitus(sp) and major coughing

I told you your must have been coming down with something after the way your 5k went!

ALEX!!

Don't be so mean I am already nervous as it is about Sunday!!!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Poppy wanders off saddened why anyone would want to pick on me:-(
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Got the results, damn those Cardiff boys were fast...
  • Options
    Gona train my ass off this week for the race 3, I will need somebody to hang on to, what time are you guys going for ?

Should make it to club this Wednesday...at last eh...
  • Options
    So much for training my ass off....

Went out lunch time, was having a cracking run then with about a mile to go....wham...ITB in my left knee and ended up walking back, weird thing is I havent run for a week, cant believe it.

Im so f***ing p*ssed off
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Don't blame you. I would be too Jinx.

Rest, Ice, and for me a cho-patt strap stops ITB. I only use the strap if it if it feels tender.

• Options
    Good luck for tomorrow Alex and WP!

Do your best :-)
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Hey, thanks. Just getting myself sorted b4 some pasta and a early night.

Defo no beers tomorrow.
  • Options
    someone mention beer???
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jen.......will do the best I can:-)

I have got all my stuff ready had my pasta so that's me sorted

Are you long running tomorrow?

Good luck:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Nope Phil you are imagining it again;-)

You are an athlete no beers,chips allowed till after the event;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Not racing Tenby now, have decided to do a very hilly 15 miler [ including a few SAND dunes!], to try and prepare for race the train. Will limit beer intake tonight after heavy week in Yorkshire, unless best mate calls who'se home for the weekend.

Good luck tomorrow Wp - kick ass!
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Phil

I am also not doing Tenby but a 17 miler over tough hilly terrain and I believe there is sand involved:-(

Will try to kick butt :-)

good luck with your 15 miler may the gods be kind to you:-)

which one are you doing?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hiya,how's everyone doing after their runs today?

I did 18 up Afan Argoed,it went really well.A bit sore now and tired now but doing ok.

Nice recovery run is on the agenda tomorrow.

• Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭
    Evening,

Well, it was very hilly including one mile long hill only a mountain goat could climb. Additionally they had only guessed the distance at 17 miles and it turned out to be 20.2 (poppy's GPS).

I did it in 3:48, running most of it apart from the loony hill. Went the wrong way during the last 5 miles which prob. cost a little bit xtra.

From the point at which I realized the organizers did not have a clue how far it was I substantially slowed down and I ran most of the last 6 miles with a bloke who looked like he was really suffering.

Well done on your 18 Jen. Bet you weren't out for nearly 4 hours though !

Poppy seemed to enjoy. She was still smiling at least.