Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Don't worry. Things can only get better.

I feel terrible too. Depleated and bloody stomach still swolen after sat's damn chineeeeeese. Too much gluten I think.

<burp>

See, there has been a volcano in my stomach since sat night. Never again.

How the hell did my brother end up all the way over there ? Darn,fool. Just too inconvenient. He should return to Wales. Either that or I need a lear jet.

And while I am moaning ....
  • I am going to try to run first thing in the morning I have had another sleep.
    If it does not improve will get back to GP could mean my injection is depleted already due to high volume of training and need a higher dose..next injection not for a month!!

I am having a girlie day out tomorrow meeting LMH in Cardiff for a shop till you drop day:-)

I think I need it plus a day off work.

Ooh bad move having chinese hope you feel better and stomach back to normal soon!!

I mean how can anyone choose to leave Wales!!

YES were you moaning about something else;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• Say hello to LMH and tell her she did not miss much in GY.
  • Will do Alex

I have run 10 miles.....I am Happy with that...let the come back continue

have a great day:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Well done on your 10 Poppy,sorry you're still not well.
    Enjoy your day shopping,you lucky thing :-)

I did 10 last night,really enjoyed it.It was flippin' well hot but we stopped for the compulsory dip in the paddling pool in Blackpill so it cooled us off a bit.

Got club tonight,can't wait.

Feeling much better now,back to normal and feeling strong.

7 weeks Sunday to Cardiff,eeeekkkkk.

• Hi All,

Back in action tonight with 7.5 miles, 3.5 slow 4 moderate. Feeling wacked.

Looking forward to the Race the Train thing on Sat. and so long as I am ok the Merthyr 10k on Sun.

• Indeed Phil.

Am spending Fri Night in Aberwristwatch. All a bit of a mistake really, thought it was in Tywyn nr Colwyn bay, stated that would mean a night away and only realised last night it was within striking distance of Swansea by which time I had made various rash promises.

Never mind eh.

My back, neck and shoulders are still killing from my brothers s**e bed.

Never mind, got a skip comming tomorrow.

Down to 13 3/4 stone from 14st 2 but seem to have put weight on on the stomach. How come it always seems to come off the chest ?

Distance running is pants for stomach flatening. Got to get in to the Gym more than once a week.
  • what's a gym?

I'm going up tomorrow, and staying in the caravan until sunday so I can get bladdered after the race. It's a great laugh i did it last year, just hope its not too hot!

• No-one much on these forums seem to like Gyms.
  • Personally,I think that gyms definately serve a purpose.

They're good for weight training because of the specific machines but apart from that I think they're for wimps who are too wimpy to get out in the cold and for pretenders who go on the treadmill for 3 minutes flat out and think that they're hardcore.

Like I said,it definately serves a purpose but I think they're rrrrrrrrrrrrrubbbbassssshhhhhhh.
  • Down with Gyms;-)

No each to there own I dont have time for them would like to tone upin certain areas but just dont have time for it.....was thinking of joining Dragon hotel gym should say THOUGHT:-)

Had a lovely day yesterday shopping with LMH :-)

14 miles this morning but ran out of energy by mile 12 okay I knew by mile 6 I was running low but 14 was on schedule!! I put it down to lack of food and as I ran a bit later 7.30 I also needed a drink.

Good luck to the RTT boys it is a race I do really fancy doing so maybe I can schedule it in next year:-)

Is it an old fashioned steam train?? I love steam trains...Thomas the tank was and is very popular in our house even though he is going on 21;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I agree JA:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• So is that SMTG Jen ?
  • Say M to Gyms?

What is M?

I'd say SFUTG.

• Maybe ?

So what's FU ? Is it printable ?
  • Hiya Poppy BTW!

Well done on your run,sounds like you're getting back on schedule :-)

Definately sounds like a lack of food thing as well as you've certainly got the endurance to do that sort of mileage comfortably.

What route did you do out of interest as i'm doing 13 tonight and was going to do boring my house in Sketty to Penyrheol and back which is exactly 13 miles.Going through Killay,Dunvant,Gowerton and that way.

Buy anything nice shopping?In 4 weeks I can go shopping in Cardiff whenever I want as i'll be living there!Woo hoo!

• <Scratches head>
  • Say Over My Dead Body To Gyms!

• Ah,

Sadly I have feet in both camps although I prefer to do my running outside (can't stand treadmills although they do have their uses).

I use gyms mainly for strength training. Nice and relaxing too.

"and for pretenders who go on the treadmill for 3 minutes flat out and think that they're hardcore." - There is a lot of that there.

Gym's also tend to have a lot of young guns who do not much training but have torso's like arnie. Lots of roids about in Swansea.
  • Jen

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    you can't live and work in my favorite shopping place:-( there will be nothing left for me to buy:-) on second thoughts you can tell me when the sales are on :-) a spy in cardiff:-)

I ended up with a gorgeous suit in a plum colour(did not plan This) 6 Tops,2 dresses,2 vests for running,bag, and a trip to lakeland for kitcheny things;-0 and that is all I can remember;-)

I also forgot to say I had not eaten much yesterday and Had a tummy bug thingy last night so nothing stayed in me:-(((

I did the usual killay , dunvant, gowerton, waunarllwyd, forestfach not on cycle track but on roads to incoperate my 2 favorite hills;-) and back I am an out and back girl!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Yeah definately,the funny thing is though that they probably couldn't run for a bus!They'd probably keel over and die.

They look the part but are some of the most unhealthy,unfit people around.

Roid are seriously commong,you're right there.Loads of boys who were in school with me were taking roids and that was when they were 17/18.What hope have they got?
  • Sorry but you two have lost me totally with Roids?????
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Ok,i'm trying to think this route through.

So,you go to Waunarlywdd,how do you get to Fforestfach from there? Keep going along that road,the one that comes out by Cockett?

Aaaahhhh i'm confused!
  • Oh and BTW i'll be in uni,not working so even more time for shopping ;-)
  • Yes that is the road and turn left up to marquis arms I had to go as far as just past golf shop and back .
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression