Nike Zoom Marathoner, any opinions/reviews/comparisons

Has anyone here tried the Nike Air Zoom Marathoner racing flat?

I was wondering how it compared to other flats you might have tried, as I was considering blowing some £££ on a pair, but if it's horrid, I'd rather not waste my dough.

For reference, my flat of choice at the moment is the Saucony Fastwich Speed - not too disimilar from the Marathoner, at least in terms of demographic (i.e. neutral, mid weight racing flat)

Comments

• Bought a pair of AZM's earlier in the year and have used them for half marathon's & 10k's & they are great. They are the first pair of flats I have bought so I cannot compare to others but I would recommend them. Not sure if I would want to do a full marathon in them as at 6'2" and 14 stone I am very heavy on shoes. Only down side is they have really tacky laces!
  • I've used the Air Zoom Miler's. An excellent shoe very lightweight and very comfortable. I am only 10 and a half stone, so not putting great strain on them - but after 20 yrs in the Army my knees are painful, but with these they never hurt even after 13 or 14 milers.

However these are the only "performance" shoes I have ever bought so I can't compare them to anything else- sorry.
  • Yes. Prefer the Tiger Paw. More forefoot cushioning, albeit, minimal. Marathoners fell flat after a while.
  • Ps. Gary. try the Skylon. Much better lightweight performance, neutral shoe.
  • Agreed. Skylon's are a much better shoe for most people than the Milers. The Air Zoom cushioning used in the AZM's is stacks firmer than the normal air cushioning present in the Skylons
  • THANKS FOR THE ADVICE - i'M NOT A RACER JUST RUN BECAUSE OF JOB/FITNESS. SO MY MAIN CONCERN REALLY IS PROTECTING MY KNEES. IN THE PAST I'VE ALWAYS USED SAUCONY'S BECAUSE OF THIS.
  • The problem i've had with nikes racing flats isn't so much the weight but wether the heel is the same height as the toe. Skylons/Ekiden are terrible for this. I've found a good pair of new balance 150s, very light yet because the heel is slightly higher than the toe I dont get the same Achilles problems.I would just like to know what they are like on the marathoners? I sound like a nikeophobe(!) I'm not; my best shoes are nike. Pegs, Persus and even the frees' But i've really struggled to find a nike racer I like, any suggestions?
  • Fancied trying a pair. But only seen the womens specific version on the Start fitness website, although they don't have my size.

Anyone know where I can find a pair?