Sacro iliac joint - help!

I had exactly the same problem recently. Hurt like hell when i tried to even shift my weight from one leg to the other, could hardly walk at times, never mind run.

I went to see a physiotherapist and he pushed and pulled in all the right places and he seems to have done the trick, after 3 sessions.

My SI joint was causing a knock on effect that my pelvis was crooked and was making one leg appear shorter than the other!!

Physio gave me some excersies to do, to strengthen and stabilise the pelvic area, and seems to have done the trick.

I would say, either go back to the Ostiopath or get a second opinion from a sports physiothrapist. but then everyone's different, but that's what worked for me.

Good luck.

Comments

• Hi Clamshell

I have been diagnosed with inflammation of the sacro-iliac and was very interested to hear that your physiotherapist seems to have cured this problem for you after three visits. Is your physiotherapist located in the London/South-East area by any chance?

Thanks
  • No sorry, but i'm sure there are plenty in your area. My diagnosis was more that the joint was 'siezed' and not moving freely, which then aggrevated it. He manipulated the joint/pelvis/hips, which seems to have done the trick, but i need to make sure i keep everything 'loose' as it were. My hips are a bit 'stiff' and this puts pressure on the other joints trying to compensate, so the root of the problem was actually elsewhere, and the SI was a symptom rather than the cause.

Hope this helps.
  • Thanks for your reply Clamshell.