Wednesday's Fat Club

Morning all. Cath, yoga is brilliant. I started in May, and was amazed just how hard and demanding it is. Really good for shaping muscles, but go a little bit easy if you have a dicky lower back, like me. Where did you get the cards please?
V-rap: toffees........... what about your teeth woman?
Gordon, you're a star. What an amazing weight loss.
I'm a happy bunny this morning, as did my 2 mile run in 19 mins. Just had yoghourt with honey and a cereal bar for breakfast, and probably won't have time for much more than fruit for lunch, so might treat myself to pizza tonight - yummy!

Comments

• Teeth...not worried about teeth now. Six months after starting to run, my filling count went up from four (of which I suspect three, done in my teens, were unnecessary and one was the result of stupid dentist filling the wrong tooth instead of repairing an old one) to eight, and I don't use energy gels or sports drinks. As the alleged decay was only visible on x-ray, I decided afterwards that the dentist was probably a racketeer and since my teeth came to no harm during my teens and early twenties when I ate a studenty diet and didn't see a dentist for 9 years, I shall stop having "check-ups". That will solve the problem.

Well done on your run, Sassie. You're ready to race now!

I had virtue forced upon me last night - waited till 10pm, ploughed through a rather nasty curry which was provided in pitiful quantities (I had to ask for a decent plateful, then almost wished I hadn't bothered), then...no pudding! Not even a measly scoop of kulfi! I was so hungry I could even have forced down ras malai or gulab jaman, both of which I really don't like very much. So I went home and ate chocolate and still woke up hungry at 3am. Lasted out till a sensible hour and now feel a lot better after a gigantic breakfast.

Working hard today. This evening's task is a sort of working dinner. Hope the catering is better than it was yesterday, otherwise I shall be eating my fellow delegates.
  • hello, it is quiet in here. I haven't been around for a wee while (trying to actually do some work... don't want to get the sack!) and am wondering where everyones gone.

Had a busy couple of days. The healthy eating thing has fallen out of a window and died... but today is another day, pasta and a manderin for lunch, no lapses so far.

Am sick to the back teeth of people calorie counting around me! (sorry have to have a whine...) As I was telling a colleague about my new bread machine, she commented that bread is really fattening and bad for you! HUH??? surely it's better than the low-fat, low-cal, sugar-free, flavour-free artifical pap that she keeps adding water to at lunch time??? Am very disgusted. Right, rant over.

ps - the bread was lovely. worth every healthy calorie!

:-)
    tink
  • Hi all...
    Well haven't been eating too good since sunday.. once I had eventually finished I thought I was starving .. but couldn't eat.. I have ate less in the past 3 days than I would in a day. Tonight I am off out for my ritual Indian buffett ... and I'll get to the gym and weigh myself once my legs stop aching... a few days yet I think..
    have a good one...
    DD
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow, as the Immodium I took on Sunday morning has only just worn off!! :-O

That was the first time I've ever used it (mainly because of the 90 min bus journey to the start) and I am beginning to suspect it may have had something to do with how bad I was feeling by mile 12.

I have been trying to eat healthily since Sunday, but I don't seem to have much of an appetite either. Eating fruit as much as possible, but only managed half a normal portion the last 2 nights.

• Hey - can I join in?

Went back to WW last week after an 8 week 'summer break' and was pleased to have only put on half a pound - think this was due to more exercise rather than controlling food input.

Decided to try and give myself a kick start and do two weeks on 18 points - it helps that the two weeks coincides with meeting up with someone I haven't seen for 24 years (friendsreunited has a lot to answer for).

Tube strike day today, so working from home. Find that quite difficult as the fridge is so handily placed - moved laptop from kitchen to dining room to see if that stops me snacking.

At the weekend I am doing the catering for my grandmother's 100th birthday - so will have to try and stop the degree of 'tasting' that goes on when I normally cook.

Fingers crossed for tonight.

SF

• Hi all,
    Wednesday again already ! ! ! !
    Had a few alcohol lapses since last week, eating has been ok, a bit healthy and a bit not healthy.

Got weighed this morning, put on a pound, bums ! ! ! !
    Still did a PB on my 8 miler by 1 1/2 mins today its now 1 hr 13mins.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Dont you just love running......

Gaz........
  • Sassie -- I found them in WHSmiths - a set called "Yoga in a box" they came in a series with Pilates and something else. I'm not going to overdo it.

Have manged to eat fairly well today and went to the gym!! Only did 40mins (10mins running, 10 mins stepper and 20 mins swimming) but still it's better than nothing!
  • Hi all,
    Well I've been a good girl - I actually went to the local running club last night - my first time!! And yes, a lot of them did look like 'proper' runners - tall, slim, toned (unlike me! - mind you, at just 5'0" - everyone's tall compared to me!!), but I was made to feel most welcome. They put me with another girl who had a slightly faster pace than me, but that was good, cos I had to actually work a bit to keep up with her (instead of my usual plod..). We did 5 miles and I really enjoyed it and am going back next week! So, for those of you who haven't taken the plunge yet - give it a go I say! Have been a virtual martyr eating-wise - although did have a Baileys last night (does that count..?) and am going to have a slight bit of alcohol tonight as I feel I deserve it (dunno why, I just feel I do that's all..!!). Anyway, hope everyone is well..oh by the way, I have already lost the 3lbs I put on, on holiday last week - RAH!!!!
    Michelle x
  • Well done Michelle on losing the three pounds and also on your club run.
    I am not a member of a club but would like to be, its just a matter of pushing myself as I dont know anyone else who runs so I would have to go alone.

Hope you enjoy your well deserved alcohol......

Gaz........
  • Well done, Michelle. I'm almost at decision point about going along to a running club but worry about making the time commitment as I'm not so hooked on running that I won't change my plans if they clash with an opportunity to earn a meal and a respectable fee just for talking for a couple of hours.

Eating rubbish today. Breakfast was OK - about 700 low-fat calories - but forgot to bring lunch and have been driving around and doing paperwork while eating toffees this afternoon and am now typing with one hand and eating honey nut shredded wheat with the other. At least the milk is skimmed. Must stop buying sweets - those toffees were intended for the man who gives me a handful of chocolate eclairs every time we meet. At this rate I shall have so much glycogen in my legs on Sunday that I won't be able to get my knickers on.
  • Thanks guys... Gaz - I didn't know anyone either and had to go alone, that's why I was so scared! (even tried to persuade the Mr. to come up there with me, but that met with a complete glazed expression from him..). Anyway, I'd been putting it off for so long, and so many people on RW forum had been saying how good it was at a club that I thought, 'well I'll go along tonight and if I don't like it, I won't go again..' but, as I said before, I really did enjoy it - so give it a go - you've nothing to lose!! V-Rap, your posting made me laugh out-loud!! By the way, I agree with you about the dentists.. I could write a book on the unnecessary treatments I've had over the years..!! Happy toffee-chewing!
    Michelle x
  • Gaz

You live in Chester-le-street don’t you?

Your more than welcome to come along to Derwentside club in Stanley we meet Tuesdays and Thursdays

Will
  • WALL? What wall? I know I've got to fight my way through a massive crowd of fat hairy blokes in pink vests and run up a hill and down again, but nobody mentioned a wall. Will I need ropes and crampons, or will I be able to spring over it with such well-loaded legs?
  • Will

Yes I do live in Chester, I might just do that, thanks for the offer

Cheers...

Gaz......
  • Thanx Cath; off to WHS tomorrow.

V-rap: if you get crampons while running, don't you need extra salt in your diet?!
  • ...or maybe to avoid having jerusalem artichoke and chickpea soup for breakfast.
  • C'mon, Sassie, call yourself a vegetarian? I thought you fellas lived on chickpeas.
  • V-rap: Jerusalem artichokes (and globe ones) are yummy, but not for breakfast! Chick peas are best with 'Indian' cheese (chana paneer).

Ooh, I'm hungry. Time to put the oven on and gaze longingly at the pizza.
  • Paneer...that reminds me why I'm glad I'm not a vegetarian whenever I go out for a curry. I like eating leftover proper food for breakfast, but sag paneer would be a step too far.

Enjoy your pizza!
  • Just made the most delicious dinner. Pasta with a lovely creamy sauce (onions, mushrooms, garlic, white wine, lemon rind and cream)... then a lovely bit of sea bass on top (oven baked in tin foil with lemon and dill). It was sooooooo tasty!!!

Ate far too much as usual but I feel I deserve it.

I went out for a four mile run this morning, took a wrong turn and didn't get back to my gran's for an hour and twenty minutes. Serves me right for trying a new run when I've no idea where I'm going. So, I reckon that was about a 10 miler which equals 1000 calories or so. More than made up for that in cream sauce.
  • good job noone is listening
    No sleep last night
    Chips at 11pm(sick patient prevented earlier food)
    Eating crap all day to stay awake and had a MASSIVE altercation with a consultant surgeon
    (My patient got to theatre and survived, at a cost to me of tears all afternoon, not ideal when dealing with relatives)
    So on the gin tonight, and will cook raost chicken and potatoes and goats cheese
    On call again tomorrow---
  • Am I right in thinking the consultant surgeon was a man?
  • Id have the wine if i were you xxx
  • Of course!!
    I work in the most sexist hospital in th NHS
    Am really annoyed that I cried, but as I was busy with the patient, he probably didnt notice
    Think he felt guilty about writing the patient off, so at least I did some good, even if I snivelled my way through the afternoon and still feel
    like s##t
    Dont expect he realised women could be consultants too
  • Cardiff
    You should smell my supper mmmm
    Chicken with a goats cheese centre, wrapped in bacon ,on a bed of potato and tomato
    Maybe Ill go and be a chef,at least id feel appreciated!!