Sasquatch lady seeks shoes

Now, I don't think I have particularly big feet for a lady (euro 41's) but the running shoe manufacturers obviously do.

I have been looking for a pair of womens running shoes in uk size 9 (euro 43) but it seems that most companies do not produce them in that size. Does anyone have any ideas?

I was looking at Asics GT2080 and Adidas Supernova Control but these seem to be like hen’s teeth.

BTW I also have narrow feet (so wearing men’s shoes is out of the question) and slight overpronation.

Comments

• GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Sasquatch, forgive my ignorance but what are the differences between men's & women's running shoes?
  • Not a problem Gavo – women's shoes are made on a narrower last than men's. Also the heel on a woman's shoe is narrower than the forefoot width. Men's shoes are generally the same width at both the forefoot and heel.
    As I have a narrow foot for a woman my heel moves around too much in a man’s shoe.

Hope this answers the question :)
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    The things you learn on here....

My only advice would be to contact the maunfacturers directly to see if they actually make those sizes in those models. There are a few people on here who work for sports shops so they may be able to order a pair for you as a 1-off.

Good luck.
  • You could try Run and BEcome - they seem to have loads of sizes, even a size 16 in men's, so they obviously don't just stick to the "standard" sizes.
  • Sasquatch,

We do make almost all of our ladies styles up to (and in some cases beyond) a UK 9, although as you've found, we don't get too many retailers taking the offer.

If you'd like to email me directly, I can let you know which stores near you have 9's available.

From your description I would suggest the 3D Web (which we definately have) or possible the Omni.

You may decide these aren't suitable, but at the very least we can find something for you to try!

Hope this helps!
  • Thanks to both Slightly Woozy and Saucony - my quest continues...