Big weekend get together

Following on from a previous post, i've now made plans for a weekend get together.

I've completely booked out the Youth Hostel at Holmbury St Mary for the last weekend of November. The place sleeps 52 and it would be great if we could fill it with UFRC members. It's a chance to get together and get to know fellow forum members.

The idea is that it would be a long weekend break (Fri-Sun) with loads of running plus spending the other time in the comapny of fellow runners. I intend to organise some pacing groups so you can run with someone of your own standard. I also want to get a top coach to come along and give a talk on the various thinking of the moment. I can get an ex-international runner who would be there for a less formal question and answer session and of course there will undoubtably be a fair element of drinking involved (bring your own.)

Holmbury St Mary is located in Surrey just off the A25 between Dorking and Guildford - 30 miles from Central London. The hostel is described as being set in extensive grounds, in 4000 acres of woodland in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

The set up is to arrive Friday evening. Saturday, to incorporate 2 runs one in the morning, one later in the day(before it gets dark.)Sunday morning run before leaving at around 1.00pm.
Meals will include breakfasts (Sat & Sun), lunch (Sat) & evening meal (Sat.)Cost per person is £85.00, non runners/partners would also be welcome.

I would need a deposit of £45 per person to book it. I'm really looking forward to it, as it should be great fun. Let me know who can make it.

Comments