Options

Nike Air Pegasus 2005

Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭
Reports say that they are less supportive than the old pegs, I am sure they also have a double insole to accommodate orthotics.

Anyone given them a rip ?

Best pegs in my view were either about 1984ish or 2000 (green ones)

One of my staple shoes, good for no injuries but no good for speed. IMHO

Comments

• Options
    They seem very good to me. Arch may be a little too high though.

Personally I miss my 1995's.
  • Options
    I bought some the first week they came out and have put them at the back of the cupboard.
    I think they are very different to the previous model and can't get on with them. I am now desperately looking for a replacement shoe as I have been running in the old pegs for 18 months with no problems but instantly knew this version was wrong for me with the reappearance of old problems.
    Agree with CH that they do seem to have a high arch and grip your heel quite firmly.
  • Options
    I bought some the first week they came out and have put them at the back of the cupboard.
    I think they are very different to the previous model and can't get on with them. I am now desperately looking for a replacement shoe as I have been running in the old pegs for 18 months with no problems but instantly knew this version was wrong for me with the reappearance of old problems.
    Agree with CH that they do seem to have a high arch and grip your heel quite firmly.
    So if anybody is interested in a new pair ladies size 6, I have run 5 miles in them, email me.
  • Options
    Whoops don't know how that happened!!
  • Options
    I've had some 03, 04 and 05 versions, and these 05 ones do seem tighter and not as supportive as the previous ones. At first I thought it was because they needed 'wearing in' but after a few miles I don't think they've settled quite as much as I'd like.
  • Options
    Just wearing a new pair in now after a fruitless search for 2004 Pegs in my size....They do feel a bit different. Seem to be tighter across the laces and looser in the heel....

I took out the insole as I put in my orthotics. The insole does have a higher arch than the 2004 Pegs.

Seem to be settling down OK and the ride is similar to 2004s.
  • Options
    I love them! Bought them on Tues, did 23 miles in them today - no probs whatsoever. It was a risky thing to do I know but I wanted to test them out. They seem more cushioned than my old pegs (this is about my 6th pair)
  • Options
    Thinking about getting a pair just for a change. Tried some on last week and they felt really comfortable. Not so sure now after reading some of the comments. C'mon, somebody reassure me!
  • Options
    I have to say that I don't really rate mine anymore. That arch is a little too high and they are a tad too narrow in the mid part of the sole and too open in the toe box.

I'm wearing them round the office today mind where they are very nice........

I'm going to change up to some Nimbus' I think.
  • Options
    I still love them, 45 miles in them now, not even a red mark in sight. I don't get on with Asics but lots seem to. Think am going to order another pair of 2005 Pegs so can have spares.
  • Options
    I`ve just returned to running after a 5 year break,I`m thinking of buying a pair of peg`s (having had a pair in the past) as I slighty pronate and use orthotics due to achilles tendon problems, I also have a high arch, would other runners with simular problems recommend them ???
  • Options

Depends how slight your problems. Perhaps you need a shoe with a smalish medial post. Go to a running shop and try a few out.
  • Options
    I wear orthotics for plantar fasciitis in my 2004 Pegs. Don't have high arches though.
  • Options
    Bought some a month or two ago. Did a short 20 min run and they ripped my feet apart. Haven't worn them since. They blistered my feet in the middle on the outside. Don't know whether it was due to the narrowness of the shoe or the insole being folded up slightly around the mid foot and heel.
    I've got on well recently with Saucony Jazz and Mizuno wave riders if anyone is looking for an alternative.
  • Options
    If anyone's interested, sportsshoes have a sale on at the moment and there are some older style ladies storm pegasus for £38 odd: sorry I dont know how to post a link - http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/index.php?id=360&product_code=NIK1489
    looks like this might be a recent clearance they've got because there are most sizes available from 2 to 8 including half sizes. Some mens available at similar prices but not the range of sizes unfortunately.
  • Options
    I was using the 2004 Pegasus throughout my marathon training and was really happy with them. Based on this I bought the 2005 version but I stopped using them after about 4 weeks. I found them narrower than the previous model and while I didn't get any blisters I did pick up an IT Band problem which I never had with my old Pegasus. I don't honestly know whether the new shoes contributed to this or not but I've changed over to the Asics Cumulus now and find them a lot better.
  • Options
    Having raved on about them before I've now had to stop wearing them as they kill the top of my feet. I've worked out it's because the tongue is sewn in so it makes them a lot narrower than the old ones, am thinking of cutting either side of it to free it up a bit. And i haven't even got high arches so it must be bad if you have. Apart from that I think the cushioning is better than the old ones.
  • Options

Having seen the reviews and comments I have just ordered another pair of the last model.
  • Options
    my 2005s are only 15 miles old and have developed a mighty creak in the right forefoot. feels like the whole shoe's about to come apart. wish i hadn't bought them overseas.
  • Options
    Mine creak too! I only wear them when I go to the gym but after 5K on the running machine yesterday I couldn't go on any further because the soles of by my feet were agony. It's going to be back to my Kayanos I think!
  • Options
    so it seems to be a 'feature' then. i'm going to contact their head office anyway. i'll post back further info.
  • Options
    I have done 300 miles in current pegs and really like them. Maybe not as supportive as earlier versions. Heel orthotics fit well. I will replace early in the new year probably will get another pair.
  • Options
    If anyone is still searching for the previous, 2004 model style pegausus, give us a try at www.foot-traffic.co.uk
    we have mens and ladies in most sizes at only £29.99. Various colours. If you dont see what you want there call and we can give you the most upto date stock check! 01204 301230
  • Options
    Just tried on a pair as they we in the sale at Sweatshop. They are much narrower than my current ones (03 version I think, bought as latest version in Feb/March 04 - salte grey colour). What are the 04 version like? I have a wide foot, would they suit?
  • Options
    It's prob that sewn-in tongue feature I was on about earlier. I've just bought a pair of Mizuno Wave Riders, they seem fab and it seems Pegasus fans get on well with them.
  • Options
    Hobbling Round

I must admit I did not notice that they were narrower. I have now dumped my 04 pegs in place of Mizumo Wave Rider 8. I was loathe to since I have had 4 pairs of pegs. The wave riders felt as if they were more cushioned, which is what I need.
  • Options
    I'm the same, I've had a gerzillian pairs of Pegs. No doubt I'll go back to them, I usually do
  • Options
    I have bought a pair of pegs and do find them thight especially with orthotics in
  • Options

I was cornered in the NYC Marathon Expo to test various widths and fits of Pegasus by some testers from Nike. I told them the 05 model had problems and they said they knew which was why they were testing.