Options

Your favourite race T Shirt/Singlet

Can't believe that I'm starting this thread - maybe I'm the only sentimental one or nobody else has noticed "T-shirt Tales".

Comments

• Options
    My favourite piece of gear is a tatty Melbourne Marathon jacket that my father wore after running in the Melbourne Marathon ( ofcourse ! ) many years ago. It has a big iron mark in the back where it was accidently ironed for too long...but I love it and still wear it.My Dad can't believe that I still have it.
    Sentimental value = off the richter scale.
  • Options
    One of my favourite tops that I couldn't possibly wear anymore looks like it came out of the ark. It is white and home-sewn and made of cotton with Auckland embroidered on it - early '60s before screenprinting etc had come to light it was my first provincial x-country running top.
    It brings back great memories.
  • Options
    okay sounds stupid but there's this little plain black marks and spencer singlet, think Grease style!, very nice side vents and really comfortable material. This was my racing top until I joined a club!, Still fits me today, use it for the odd track session and any race I fancy running and seeming to be unattached :). Was there for me at the beginning, and it's still here now. Might in future race when it's really cold use it as an under vest as it's so clingy :)
  • Options
    My Sachsenman 2000 finisher shirt, not because it looks nice or anything, I happen to think the design is pretty ugly. It's just because it's the first Ironman finisher shirt I got, and I feel I really earned that with almost 16 hours of blood sweat and tears.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    I still have the t-shirt from the first race I ever did - Hatfield Broad Oak 10k, 1999.

It's got very thin and faded and small holes are starting to appear, but I can't throw it away.
  • Options
    2 tops, bith of which are too small now.

My first AAW vest
    My yellow Kodak sponsored school T Shirt
  • Options
    A Singapore Marathon 2004 shirt which I haven't worn yet, it says "The Courage to run, the spirit to triumph" on the back. I bought it as a spectator last December when Scotty ran the marathon there, partially in honour of my late brother, whose family still live there.
  • Options
    My Springfield Striders 10 mile race T Shirt incorpoarating the Essex Champs - circa 1991 they only gave them to the first 50 finishers - I ran just under 58 minutes and was the only one from our club to get one - and although my old training partner Terry Knightley went on to win nearly 40 Essex medals, I beat him that day and he didn't get the T Shirt! and has never forgotten it!
  • Options
    i like my 2004 london marathon t-shirt - crap quality but as it was my first marathon that's the reason

on an (almost) related topic i received a bath half marathon t-shirt yesterday for next years race!
  • Options
    This year's favourite T/shirt was my 34k "Legend" one. The race was an inaugral event over the famed Waiatarua course where Arthur Lydiard had his runners train.
    You can imagine my dismay when I came back from a training run and found my car broken into and my running bag with this shirt in it stolen.