Options

URWFRC at Mudchute

The URWFRC unofficial meeting point will be at about mile 18 Muchute DLR on the right hand side of the road

Comments

• Options
    FOR RUNNERS

When you approach Mudchute the road rises over the track and you will see the Mudchute DLR sign. head to the right hand side of the road.

The URWFRC will be located on the right hand side of the road at the end of the bridge. Hopefully you wont miss us as we will have a RUNNERS WORLD 6x2 banner, lots of balloons and cheers.

• Options
    Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Ashley, How's the spreadsheet of Runners-wants-and-needs coming along. Do we know yet whether there will be a barrier in fron t of us or will the RW banner be hand held ??

Cheers. Scotty
  • Options
    FOR SUPPORTERS

I am planning to get to Mudchute for 9.30am to 10 (in time for Paula). Any help in setting up will be much appreciated as we have to construct a frame to hang the banner to and attach balloons to the area.

When you leave Mudchute DLR head South we are at the base of the bridge over the DLR track. There is a big triangle of grass here where children can run. The area gets very busy so we need to stake our place. Also I have been warned that there may be a water station in the area!

There have been lots of requests from runners for lots of things but the biggest is lots of cheering. If anyone has a loudspeaker please let me know.

Many runners have also requested some strange things, but marzepan cake and Jaffa cakes are welcomed, as are chocolate. Could supporters wishing to bring these (if everone brings some), put them in a small freezer bag which has NOT been tied this will allow the runner to eat it at their own leisure without making a mess of their running kit!

DO NOT TIE THE BAGS remember what it is like in the later stages of a marathon to do anything involving co-ordination (like opening a gel!).

See you there. My mobile is 07798 686037 if any supoprters are lost and need directions. Also runners who want to let us know they are about to arrive can mobile or text me when they get to London Arena so we can look out for you.

• Options
    Last year the staff from the asda
    superstore were handing out quarter
    oranges on the left just before this
    point. Also - isn't there a shower
    just after this point??

natnif
  • Options
    Final note for supporters, cheering is thirsty work and so crates of lager, bitter, bottles of wine, (lemonade & cups for kids) will also be needed!
  • Options
    Not sure about the shower but yes ASDA were on the left just before the bridge.

Because of the water station in the area we may be a little further down the road than initially anticipated but will definately be on the right at the first safe point after Mudchute DLR.
  • Options
    will be there - bringing bananas sweeties battenburg (for Monique) and throat sweets as I'm sure I'll lose my voice by the end of the day
  • Options
    boing.

Fraggle I think it was you who suggested the freezer bags great idea
  • Options
    Ashley Smith you organisational star you....All this is making just want to get to mile 18 to see the hard work.
  • Options
    Fraggle any chance of some jellie babies, please?
  • Options
    Ashley - mega thanks!!
  • Options
    Ashley

Thanks for the hard work - its much appreciated. Don't think much to you having a Lager in your hand though!!!

Thanks again
  • Options
    Hi. This is all a bit new to me as only got actively involved in these forums a week or so ago, after a sabbatical! Anyway, am planning to get my number and hubbies tonight to post here - but where? For me, a banana at 18 miles would be bloody perfect, maybe followed by a Jaffa Cake...cheers, Amanda :)
  • Options
    Ashley, if you need a hand i'll be around and am good at blowing up balloons! Let me know if want me to bring specific things. I am already in charge of post FLM picnic!
  • Options
    Thanks again for organising this Ashley. Still not sure if my support team will be joining you at Mudchute or loitering along the Highway.

Looking forward to mile 18:)
  • Options
    I am aiming to get to mile 18, and let the last 8 miles take care of themselves as I am bouyed along by all your support!

Thank you to everyone involved.
  • Options
    Can you get catering packs of Jelly Babies?

I'll be there early Ashley.
  • Options
    Im sure Makros or suchlike do them in BIG bags
  • Options
    By the way you won't be seeing me until (at least)4 hours have elapsed, there will be someone still there won't there?
  • Options
    Many Many thanks to all involved.

I am really impressed with this forum for the build-up and help it has given me over the past month. It's new to me also.

It's so inspirational to see what's being organised for the day etc by such kind and thoughtful people.

I look forward to meeting some of you at 18miles.

BTW, Can you make sure Chicken Tikka Masala is available at the Stand!!! :)
  • Options
    Too all that are involved I would like to add my thanks to the list. You'll be doing us all a great service.

I'll be the one on my hands and knees crawling past at about 2.50
  • Options
    georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Ashley

just to say a thousand thanks to you and all the support team. Looking forward to mile 18 !!

Lizzie Bott .... Post FLM picnic ?????? Tell us more !

Thasnks again all of you !!!!!
  • Options
    Ashley, a big well done to your good self,you will put an even bigger smile on the faces of lots of runners,will deffo be looking for you at mile 18,please save me some black and red jelly babies,thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    Can't wait to get to the 18 mile mark. Thanks Ashley & crew.

Hopefully a couple of my supporters will be joining you.
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Am running. Honest and sincere thanks to all who turn up to support.. a fantastic idea and looking forward to seeing you all.

Ian
  • Options
    Thanks in advance to all the supporters who will be there. It will be a great help after 18 miles & will hopefully keep off the dreaded wall.
  • Options
    Please can I say a big thank you to everyone, I'm having to go on my own and was not looking forward to doing the 26.2 miles with out any support but now I can not wait to get to 18 miles to see everyone.
  • Options
    Cant wait to see you all at 18 miles, i think my tribe will be with you, a million thanks to Ashley and all the crew, you will be a sight for sore eyes...mine in particular!! Thanks again!
  • Options
    To supporters.

I will pick up a box of jelly bellies at Bookers.

Murf. Hope you and the crew can make it, if not I know all the runners will appreciate two lots of support from us.

• Options
    To Runners.

Thanks must be directed also to Swiss Bobby for his hard work on keeping the URWFRC web site up and running and organising with Dog Walker and Foxy our running kits and caps.

A huge thanks must also go to Josie Jump whose idea it was and who got the ball rolling.

Final thanks goes to Caz our social secretary who has organised some great events (see the Dark Side).

Of course our biggest thanks goes out to you guys, the runners. If it wasn't for your efforts we would not have a race to support and a day to enjoy. Also for the tens of thousands of pounds that you are all raising for charity.

Twelve Days to Go....