Options

FLM Virgin

Comments

• Options
    Well they said it was 10 weeks yesterday on the course?!! Confused now!!

still gives me another week training!! lol
  • Options
    just re checked it is 11 weeks as of yesterday.....you may want to look & see too just to make sure
  • Options
    No I believe you!
  • Options
    you may do, but its everyone else im worried about. Can you imagine turning up a week late lol
  • Options
    no i'm sure it's 10 weeks yesterday ie 9 weeks and 6 days to go...am i going mad??!!
  • Options
    AAAGGGHHH I think we need help here
  • Options
    Pinks I have just checked on my calendar and it was 10 weeks yesterday!!

Better get your act together Dave or you wil be running a week late!!! lol
  • Options
    Ive just counted 69 days umm interesting
  • Options
    Dave it is 69 days which means less than 10 weeks!!!!!!
    7x10 =70 so take off 1 and you get 69 which makes 9 weeks 6 days!!!!!
  • Options
    so, someone help me here.
    69 days left to marathon day,
    9 weeks & 6 days,
    Ah I see where I am going wrong. I am including 23rd April as a Sunday (if you can understand that). Yes there are 9 long Sunday runs left, & the 10th Sunday is the marathon.

Clear as mud
  • Options
    Thank god someone is good at maths, well done Rio i was going spare thinking i had got it wrong and was totally off schedule!!!
  • Options
    you & 32,000 others.........sorry maths was never my strong point
  • Options
    Ah Dave dont worry I understand!! lol

No Pinks no need to worry though an extra week training might be good!!
  • Options
    true!!

got sore feet today (feel like old woman these days with various aches and pains!! is this normal?!)and got my sports massage lady to check it out a tlunchtime and she said there is a bit of inflammmation around my left ankle bone. had shoes checked at sweatshop at w/e though and he syas they are the right ones for my feet - now scouring the country for any left over NB 854's in 7B!!! think one retailer may have found a pair!
  • Options
    You will start to feel the odd ache and pain and some of it is psychological but dont ignore any of them and if it hurts when you run then stop and have a rest day
  • Options
    was very good and had a healthy chicken salad lunch followed by fruit...then sinned and had a fondant fancy cake (yummy!!) and now feel fat and bloated!

Rio what do you suggest to eat in few days before Brighton?
  • Options
    bland carbohydrate foods replace some of the protein with extra carbs. there is no need to "carbo load". Ease off on the dairy products as well to reduce stomach complications. Have snacks of rice cakes (low salt and sugar ones) or bananas (yellow or green with no brown).
  • Options
    can't eat bananas - any alternative? as i can't eat porridge (really don't like it all!) i thought maybe i could make some home made muesli type cereal with mostly oats (i like the oats but just not cooked)- any suggestions or anyone got a recipe?

looks like showers for Brighton! uugh!! do i have to wear anything different or just go in what i usually wear (long running pants/tights with vest top and long sleeve top over)and get wet!
  • Options
    Loads of messages since I last looked-do you think our employers know we are logging on so regularly-although Im at home now, and just about to go to Pilates. My number is 6981-where does that mean I'll start-and is it near any of you?
    Pinks-my shoes are NB 7B as well, although was bought 7D at Xmas and didnt notice until I looked after I had been using them a couple of times. Doesnt seem to have made any difference I have to say, although they have got orthotics in them now so maybe the 7B would have been a bit tight with them in.
  • Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Pinks i've just looked at the weather forecast after what you said about rain, the one i looked at said snow turning to sleet then rain!!!!!!!!!
    i hpe not
  • Options
    Nicks whish forecast are you looking at????? help???!!!!
  • Options
    sure you weren't looking at Brighton, New york??
  • Options
    lol na defo brighton england, not sure wot site tho,i've already read that it can be windy, i'm really not looking forward to this one now, have alook at the race reviews, oh i'm sure it'll be ok
  • Options
    hay peeps. just a quicky, Linda compnies DO log internet usage. I am being busted for it hence why im not on here as offen any more. Plus im looking for a new job.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: please go carefull when you log on to this site during work hours. It can get VERY nasty VERY quickly.

Oh and btw pinks and Nick's it IS wet, windy and VERY cold at brighton. Was there today. and i STILL cant feel my feet!!

Talk to you all soon.

Hugs and kisses.

Sam.xxx
  • Options
    brighton...joy of joys

knackered knee, rain on my head, wind in my face!

someone rmind me why we are doing this?!?!
  • Options
    Lazer poor you xx big hugs

Pinks home made muesli is great. It is just finding something that your stomach likes. Bagels are very good with low fat soft cheese for the protein.
    Rice cakes can replace bananas but watch out for the salt content.

If it is going to rain the dont forget your black bin bags with arm and head holes to protect you from the worst at the start (ladies they also act as very good portaloos if you need to use a bush!!)

Another tip we were given is to wear what you intend to run in but over the top have some old kit (that you dont mind losing) to discard. Cut the top down the middle so it is like a shirt and tape up with gaffa tape. Same for trackie bottoms, cut down the side seams and tape up that way you can take them off on the move once you have warmed up!!
  • Options
    Morning all,

Logging on during work ours. Tip if you go via a search engine google or such your company cant track what you are doing its only if you type in www.runnersworld... etc at top that they can see your history... search engines untrace able

Some very enteraining reading from all you guys especially the bits about how many weeks left.

Rio that is great tip about the old joggers and gaffa tape will definately do that for big day.

As for Brighton its a shame its not going to be the idealic day we all hoped for with ice creams at the finish. but we have to look at it in positive light that we are in training and that includes having to be prepared for all types of conditions better this weekend than April Showers!!! At least we all have good excuse if we dont get times that we intended/hoped for :-)

• Options
    Hey Lazer...hope all ok with you and training and yes have missed you!xx

i'm a mean employer and all my staff are not allowed to use the internet (except for work related items) during office hours...guess i won't be popular with you guys!!! still, thats running a business for you - not sure which is harder, runing a business or running a marathon!!

Rio what can i put in the muesli? can i just use oats from like a health food store or something and add.....?

maybe weather will change before the weekend :-)
  • Options
    I just went onto BBC weather 5 day forecast and although not showing sunday yet saturday is white cloud witha sun so fingures crossed

If i was employer i would definatey not allow internet use during office hours.. however my mean bosses gave no bonus at christmas so this is my way of getting my own back (petty i know!)

was naughty and skipped training last night to catch up on gossip with girls feeling a bit guilty....but no regrets hehehe