Options

URWFRC at Mudchute - Stars

The whole day was brilliant but I have to say when I ran past at 18 miles, you were so brilliant in cheering and give me support. You were so loud it really lifted me. I couldn't talk and was very tearful as I ran on. No way I could have stopped, as I would seize up, sorry.

You all are superstars and Thanks for contributing to a remarkable day in my eyes. Never forget it.

The only sad thing is that I didn't stop to meet you.

Give yourself a round of applause.

Comments

• Options
    big hug to you, Rabbit! It was fab to see you and cheer you on!!
  • Options
    We enjoyed supporting!!!

Can't blooming speak now tho :-)
  • Options
    Meerkat- I am sorry to have missed you at the Thistle, am posting from a cyber cafe with Helen and Wee Piglet- yesI got to see loads of the forumites and it has made my weekend.
  • Options
    Monique

We are all so proud of you. We could believe it when you came past with the elite. It made my day too :-)
  • Options
    MopheadMophead ✭✭✭
    RRR and Monique (and all the other URWFRC) myself and Little Miss Mophead had a wonderful time cheering you all on. Well done!

Great to meet the other forumites, thanks for making us so welcome, and thanks to Ashley for all the organisation.

Nearly tempted to give it a go myslef next year.
  • Options
    It was a great pleasure meeting you all!!!
  • Options
    I was having a real bad time at 18by the time i saw were i was i had missed you all ,could not make the Thistle as my son was wiped out so went straight home .Hope to meet some of you at future events , thanks for all your efforts.

Lee
  • Options
    Sorry we missed you Lee, we stayed til the last 'recorded' forumite had gone past but I did feel bad that there were still runners going past. We really wanted to see everyone at the thistle and frankly were all dying for the loo :-)
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I was going through a bad patch at the time and your cheers certainly made me go faster (for about 50 yards anyway)
  • Options
    Monique - you were superb!
    Mophead - great to meet you, and Miss Mophead is a star!!
    Spud - great to meet you and the other spuds!! Hope we meet again soon.
  • Options
    Drew.. Bad patch? You smiled without puffing?!
  • Options
    I've said it elsewhere but I'll say it again - brilliant support guys. Loudest cheer I've ever had!
  • Options
    Echo Murf, you were superb, I was definitely emotional lots of times around the course including there.

Sorry, couldn't make Thistle afterwards; running partner felt unwell and then we makde for the train, but really enjoyed meeting lots of you Sat night, wished I had been staying there and could have spent hours nattering and talking to everyone I wanted to meet.
  • Options
    Well I had a great day and my voice is so sore,,, lack of fluids I think should have brought another couple of bottles of bubbly with me!

It was a fantastic day for spectators but I dread to think what it was like having to run in it.

Christopher and I really enjoyed it and my thanks go out to all the supporters for the sweets, bananas Jaffa cakes etc.

I have someones scissors and a tube of gel (given to the runner with cramp). Let me know who you are and I will forward them to you.

Next year though I have challenged my brother in law to a dual since he beat me this year by 4 minutes!
  • Options
    georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    all of you at Mudchute having a great time.... just be grateful for all the hard work us runners put in to allow you to support us !!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley, a truly grateful thank you - the support WAS fantstic (except that both times I got a hug from Badger, my heart rate monitor went off the scale and 100 yards down the road I had to stop to recover ) !!!!!!!!!
    Thanks also to Badger, Jon, Josie J Spans and every one of you supporters whoever you were !!!!!
  • Options
    Ahhh

My Gel!!!!

Was cursing poor woman for running off with it!!!!

You keep it Ashley, I'll get some more this week. It's very good :-)
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone it was the only thing that kept me going knowing that you would be there at 18 miles to cheer me on.
  • Options
    I agree. I found it so important and motivating knowing when the next set of people would be there to cheer me on.

I thought I had missed them at Mudchute but I realised I hadn't when I ran past them. Very uplifting.

Didn't do anything for my emotions.
  • Options
    What I mean by "didn't do anything for my emotions", I mean it made me very tearful and emotional BTW.

Read that and it sounded incorrect and the opposite to what I meant and offensive !!!

• Options
    Definitely my loudest cheer of the day. I couldn't have stopped either.

I was looking forward to seeing you guys from the half way mark!

Sorry I didn't make the Thistle either, I walked all round Traffy Square (which took me about twenty minutes as I was stiffening up!) but I couldn't find it. I really didn't feel like a drink but I wanted to come and say thanks to everyone in person.

Thanks again - you were fantastic :-)
  • Options
    thank all especially badger-that public display of affection really got me going-for a mile or 2!!
  • Options
    Hey you runners were great and well done all of you! We were trying to star spot you all as you ran past and we got so excited everytime one of you went past or stopped.

My voice may go at some point today (with any luck).
  • Options
    Your support was awsome guys, thanks!

I was lifted by your cheering, and I hope you understand when I say that I didn't have the energy to stop.

Deev.
  • Options
    Friends,

Thank you for being there at Mudchute.

I didn't stop and was unrecognisable in my "Children With Leukaemia" vest which only had room for "Mac" but I looked out for you and when I saw you all giving a big huge fella a big cuddle it made me proud to be a forumite.

Thanks just for being there and sorry I didn't stop for a chat.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Just wanted to apologise for what must have looked like weird behaviour as I ran past the URWFRC cheering point. I was desperately trying to find my wife and 6 year old son in your crowd after missing them at our pre-arranged 7 mile mark so didn’t really get chance to talk to any of you. Didn’t see them at 18 miles either as it turns out they were on the opposite side of the road as they couldn’t cross – doh ! You may have heard my son blasting his air horn. I couldn’t stop either as my legs were really starting to feel the strain by this time and I was frightened I wouldn’t get going again.

Anyway, had a great day and managed to finish in 3:56 (by my stop watch). Met Gavo on the last 100 yards running up the Mall and crossed the line together.

Thanks to you all for your fantastic support.

• Options
    In the confusion I forgot to pick up any Jelly Babies as well – double doh!
  • Options
    You're all wonderful. Thanks! Although I HAD been looking forward to that coffee...
  • Options
    Ashley,
    I think they are my scissors, but just leave them with the URWFRC stuff - it isn't worth the postage to get them back.
    Well done all you excellent runners. Supporting was definitely the next best thing to running. Next year I'm really going to look forward to Mile 18, hopefully running this time!
  • Options
    BOING

Keep this on the front page so that all the supporters see all our comments and gratitude!!!