MANY THANKS ASHLEY...

Hi everyone.

I had a wonderful day today at London and it was great to see everyone whether they were running, at the cheering point or at the Thistle afterwards.

I want to offer a special thank you to everyone who was involved in setting up and dismantling the cheering point. But particularly, big thanks to Ashley whose endeavours made it all possible by organising all the balloons, banners and frame for the banner which worked a treat (despite Spans' best efforts with the screwdriver!). The whole cheering point was a great success thanks to Ashley and everyone's efforts and epitomised the tremendous spirit that the club continues to stand for.

Long may it continue...

DW

Comments

• Well said, DW. The whole thing was brilliant - it was a perfect spot, the ballons, placards and banner were fab, even the weather was outstanding. And we had fantastic supporters and runners. Thank you, Ashley, for all your hard work.
  • I only caught a brief glimpse in passing, but it was great to have you guys there to look forward to. The whole thing looked most impressive :-)

Thanks again!
  • Thanks to one and all for the sweeties , encouragement and sloppy snogs.
    Nearly packrd in and stayed there for the day!!!!!!!!
  • Yes, i think Ashley was brilliant as well, as i understand it,his efforts are,nt over yet.There is a video to come.
  • Yes a BIG thank you to Ashley, you did great mate, well done! MWAH!
  • Well guys and girls the day realy goes to the runners who made it so entertaining for us.

When one of you nicknamed me 'the organisor' in an email and I told my wife she couldn't stop laughing and said its just as well its only a supporters stand and not a brewery! I tried but as always failed in one area, missing the train and getting there 30 minutes late.

Still I have learnt some lessons from today and also from re watching the video (yes there is an UURWFRCVOFLM2003 to come, but youll see elsewhere its too big at present to upload. Maybe a CD and Meerkat has done and excelant job with the race report.

Still I am off for a well earned holiday away from the Forums for a week (oh and work) and will look forward to reading runners and supporters stories next week upon my return.

My final thanks though goes to everyone today for helping assemble and disassmeble the frame and to Itchy Ringer and Slowpoke for getting Christopher and I onto the train safely.
  • Hear hear DW; I had such a great day and really enjoyed meeting everyone. What a gorgeous day we had for it too (spectating anyway..not so great for running I feel!) Hi to everyone I met yesterday!!
  • Just want to add my thanks to Ashley, who I didn't meet..and to all the supporters..it was great to see you there and really helped at a time when it gets tough...

All the best,

RB
  • I wish I'd seen you all! I was in my own private torment at that point, and had no peripheral vision or hearing at all!!! Maybe next year!
  • Well done ashley and everyone. It was a great day all round. The support at Mudgate was fabulous. Pity it could not have been every mile afterwards to the finish, to help spur me on!!!

Thanks Chris.

2-52-23
  • Thank you Ashley!
    And before I forget, don't you have a lovely little boy!!
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Well done Ashley on a brilliant job. And well done and thanks to everyone else for your fabulous company and a brilliant day out.

I wish I'd found my sun-block yesterday - looking like a Swan Vesta this morning.
  • Lovely to meet you yesterday Ashley. Well done on getting everything set up so brilliantly. Now just set your superb organisational skills onto the train timetable so they run when YOU want them to!

I did enjoy myself - good to meet up again with now familiar faces & meet some new ones too.

Scotty, if you think you're sunburnt today, spare a thought for Jon!
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Thanks to the all of you who cheered me as I stumbled up to you. Thanks also for the bag of Jelly babies which I wolfed down before realising I didn't have any water.

In case you didn't realise it, I was the one with pink hair and a Cancer Reasearch vest.

Well done to you supporters - you're more help to us runners than you might realise.
  • Ashley... thank you so much for organising something that i was so proud to be part of (tho Caz and I did nip off to Asda whilst the hard work of setting it up was all done- oops).

I had the most fantastic day, such positive feelings about being together at Mudchute to give our all to the valiant forumite participants.

I will never forget Paula, Spans and Caz sitting on the pavement for that 'special' view of the elite runners, and just looking down the pavement to my right seeing you all standing out in a line (that ended in Nicola's cleavage!!) arms outstretched with bananas/bags of jellybabies and happy yelling faces. Meeting old friends and new ones, and being part of that surge of energy and support that went out whenever one of our own passed was jsut fantastic.

THANKYOU EVERYBODY.!!!!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Badge
    xxx
  • Yep, echo all those sentiments. You've no idea what a lift it was to see the Mile 18 crowd. Thanks for organising it Ashley and for everyone who made the effort to be there. It was brilliant.
  • Excellent job Ashley. Thanks again to you and all the other forum supporters.
  • Just wanted to add my huge thanks to Ashley as well for being so organised and also to his wife and Christopher for making up 350 bags of jelly beans the night before - fantastic effort!

It was great to meet everyone, and Badger your reflection of us sitting on the pavement was spot on and really made me laugh!!

... roll on next year...
  • Was great to meet up with forumites old and new on Saturday at the Thistle! I messed up bigtime on the Sunday and didn't manage to make it to mile 18 till right at the end, but Ashley and all you guys who were there all day are complete and utter stars. I saw how greatful the runners were for for their jelly beans and bananas! Fantastic stuff.
  • Well done to all of you supporting. Shame you can't be at the Shakespeare as well
  • Well done Ashley for organising it. It gave us all something to look forward to at mile 18.
    Thank you.
  • not anymore I can add to that lot.........I actually said at mile 1 only 17more to see the URWFRC, then every mile after that..........thanks one and all
  • THANKYOU everyone supporters at mile 18 and everyone else who I met over the weekend. It was just brilliant.
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'm quite disgusted with the performance of those forumites who took the opportunity to look up the shorts of runners. Hope you're all ashamed of yourselves.

Would like to have stopped & chatted but had other things to do. Hope all the supporters voices are returning today (Spans sounded particularly hoarse in the Thistle) and that other supporters learn the benefits of suncream.

Amaxed that I didn't see Scotty - I can normally spot him from miles away, usually well ahead of me in a race.
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    I saw you first!
  • I agree with you re. the looking up shorts Gavo. I was so embarrassed being with them and think they should be charged with bringing the URWFRC Cheering Point into disrepute! We'll have to think of an appropriate punishment for them - beers all night at the next social should just about do it.

Please don't anybody apologise for not stopping. We weren't expecting you to stop (I wouldn't have done!) and if you did, it was a bonus.
  • and can I just shout a big Thank-you to the evil pixie who kept us informed via sms of what St Paula was doing.