Options

URWFRC at Mudchute - Stars

13»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Awww Spud, nice to have seen you.
  • Options
    Big thanks to you all, great boost to have you cheering us on. Sorry I didn't stop, don't think I would have got going again properly
    Great to see a few of the other forumites running as well.
  • Options
    Many thanks from me also. I grabbed a bag of jelly beans from one of you on the way past, not sure if they were for me but to be honest, I just needed them and enjoyed every one!!

I was still clinging to the runners world 4:30 pacer at the time so couldn't stop to chat, sorry.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys for all the suport - it was brilliant to meet so many people at the Thistle, and to see so many supporters at Mile 18. The jelly babies were great !

Thanks to everyone involved - love ya all.

Oh, and sorry for kissing Jon - think I was getting a bit of sun-stroke !

Seeya in 2004 then ?
  • Options
    Oh Cougs <<meerkat looks deeply shocked at news that Cougie kissed Jon>>
    Have you recovered??
  • Options
    Thanks from me too - I didn't stop but did get handed a wee bag of jelly beans which helped me keep going a bit further!
  • Options
    Gavo you wanted me and Jon to flash you!?

Always wondered about you boy! :)
  • Options
    And Cougie, where was my kiss eh?
  • Options
    Caz - great to meet you. Hope all goes well with the knee.
  • Options
    And you meerkat, let me know how you get on with it! Hope you are back running again soon!
  • Options
    Ahhhh - Jon didn't mention he kissed Cougs! Glad I didn't stop for that!
  • Options
    Thanks from me too guys - I'd lost it by the time I got to you, and managed to miss the banner even though I was looking out for it. I guessed I must have found you when I saw all the smiley faces and bags of sweets, though. Managed to get my a**e in gear and dug a bit deeper for while...
  • Options
    By the way, have all you forumites got sunburn? Or only those that were running and seated off their suntan lotion?
  • Options
    Obviously that should be "sweated". Sorry to hog this thread...
  • Options
    Yeah Bax, Jon is well sun burnt bless him! Ah poor little lobster!
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't see you Gavo, and well done on your time.
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Cheers Jenks. Hopefully go a bit quicker at the next forum marathon in Dublin.
  • Options
    I was really struggling at 18 miles as the get you round groups had split and in trying to keep up with the group that went off faster at about 16 miles I nearly lost it - but saw the banner - heard all the noise but was on the wrong side of the road so could only feebly wave an arm - not sure if anyone saw me but it did give me a lift and got me going again so a huge thank you to you lovely dedicated people!!
  • Options
    Thanks to you all for the cheer, even though I don't know if you knew it was me when I went by. Think I recognised Nicola because of her picture.

I ran right past and waved and shouted hello forumites or something like that. I was in good form at the time as Mr L. had just told me about a half mile before the Paula had won in 2h15m. So I kept speeding on my way.

One of these days I will meet you! Definitely will be looking to join up on the supporter stand next year.
  • Options
    You were brilliant. Thanks for the jelly babies and support.

Also, my better half asked me to pass on her thanks. She said it was a great spot, with plenty of room for the kids to run about and enough space for my Mum to go off and have a little cry on her own after I went past.

Fantastic job. If I don't get in to run it next year, put me down for one of the organising jobs.

• Options
    You were all utterly fantastic! Thank you so much for boosting me along!! :-)

I'd been feeling pretty low for quite a while before I got to you all, and for the previous 5 miles I'd been thinking "5 miles to Mudchute", "4 miles to Mudchute", "3 miles to Mudchute", "2 miles to Mudchute" and finally "1 mile to Mudchute". I was searching for the banner in the crowd and praying that I was on the right side, but when I saw it I immediately had the most enormous boost!!! I remember sprinting over and wanting to hug everyone, and actually hugging some poor bloke almost to death! I think it may have been Ashley - apologies :-) Many thanks for offers of help with my mega-blister, and for the really lovely banana (thanks Mk :-)) It was also lovely to see Jim the Plum waiting there when I stood up after putting my shoe back on! You all gave me a great boost for the next mile, and you're the best supporters in the world :-) If I'm not running next year, I'll be proud to be there supporting :-)

xxxxxx
  • Options
    Darn - forgot to kiss Caz !

I'll do better next time eh ?
  • Options
    Nearly sucked my tongue off she did,,,,,,,,
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    My thanks added to all the others, fantastic support and you made my day.
  • Options
    C'mon the forum!
    It was great to see you all there, I had set a time to get to you by and after the trouble I had at 16 it definitely kept me going strong until 18.

Great organisation.

Well done!
  • Options
    Just a quick thanks to all who cheered me on. I think Spans must have spotted me, but I do remember some seriously good shouting from all! I think I managed a wimper back.
  • Options
    Thanks for the chocolate, whoever it was who gave it to me as I staggered past in pain! It was all a bit of a blur at that point so I didn't really recognise anyone, but you were all brilliant and I'm glad you were there (I'd missed seeing my hubby at mile 13 so I needed a lift!)

Good to see you all in the Traffy Thistle afterwards as well, albeit briefly.... sorry we couldn't stay but had masses of family descending on us for champagne afterwards!

LOL and thanks again!
  • Options
    ohhh, what on earth was I doing?????
    I somehow seemed to have missed you guys, & I promise I didn't cheat and dodge a few miles.
    I was away with the fairy's most of the time, but really can't believe that I ran straight past you when I was actually looking out for you all. By mile 20 I realised that i must have blinked for a very long time, was guttered
    Maybe I was running in a different race...yes...that must be it.
    But thank you anyway I'm sure you all cheered for me and I just rudely ignored you all
    sorry
  • Options
    Thanks for being there. The thought of a group cheering for me kept me going.

I was the bearded bloke that ran past waving arms and shouting around 1hr58-59mins into the race. I guess that must have put me very close to Marmite Master!

You gave me a nice lift for the next mile or 2.
  • Options
    Vrap
    Your coffee was waiting curtosy of Meerkat, sorry I missed you otherwise I would have ensured that you had got it.

FatGirl Slim I was there and said hi. You may remember me as my little boy had just been for a wee in the park and I said he should have waited for the toilet!

Wee Piglet. It was me you hugged. It was fantastic to get a runner suddenly appear from the mass and decend into our open arms. Sorry if I pulled away after a short while but you had just come from the shower and were very wet and cold and the sudden shock of cold soaked through my T-shirt... still lets not go into that!

Hope the blister didn't give you too many problems and I see you later left Jim the Plum behind.

If I am not in FLM next year I will be on the supporters stand again. If I am in FLM then I will definatly stop (even if it costs a PB it will be worth it just to get a cuddle and kiss from all (and I will want one from all) the lady supporters.