Celeb Spotting

2»

Comments

• I 'met' Slovakian PM at about Mile 18. He said he was enjoying London and all the people were very friendly. He was off to meet Tony Blair yesterday! Told him to say Hi from me, thought I had better not be too rude!
  • I shook Jane Tomlinsons hand before the start in the Blue area, brilliant and she was so cool and OK about it. Just said thanks, bit star stuck really as she really is a STAR.

Saw Shelly of Cora the night before, just smiled at her as she walked past, then me and my mate said together "TV does make you look bigger" nice smile.
  • The one thing I love about Jane T whenever I see her on telly is that she is just so "ordinary". It's almost like she can't see what all the fuss is about.

So much better than all these stars with overblown egos demanding 5,000 flowers, dressing rooms painted in their favourite colours, blah blah blah.
  • Jane T, MAJOR marathon celebrity, and inspiration to thousands of us. I thought of her often during training, whilst feeling a bit sorry for myself. Marvellous woman, would love to have met her and thanked her, but I didn't.

In case you're reading this, thanks Jane, for helping me to do it.
  • I passed Lucy Benjamin (Lisa, eastenderd) at mile 15. Said keep going Lucy etc to her as I passed, & she yelled good luck to me.
  • I talked to Sidney from CBeebies - he was really nice. I told him that my daughter really likes watching it and he asked me what my favourite programme was and I said Blue Cow stories, and he said he liked them as well and to say hello to her for him. He was really nice. I forgot to say that we always sing the song at the end, so if you're reading this, Sidney, love the song!

One of the women from our running club was in the Elite Ladies race so we were talking to her through the railings while she was warming up and Paula kept running past. She ran right up to us but daren't say anything to her. I took some photos of Christine doing her stretching with Paula stood near her, so hope they come out alright.
  • I saw Paula Radcliffe,at the expo and got her autograph on my race number -woo hoo. Now I will frame it with my medal and photo of her and me!
  • I saw Sharron Davis at about mile thirteen and in my delirious state waved and said, 'Hi Sharron' because I really thought I knew her! I was so busy looking for familiar faces in the crowd that I guess I thought I did. Thought I would have passed Lucy Benjmain from my predicted times but alas fell apart and she beat me! Oh well. Also saw Sally Gunnell interviewing which was nice.
  • I saw Lucy (Lisa from Eastenders) at about 8 miles, she looked like she was having a bit of a hard time, and then at about 16 miles I saw Steve (Phil) in the spectators crowd blowing through a bazooka...!
  • I'm a bit of a celeb-a-holic and read last week that Lucy and Steve (Lisa and Phil) had split up so it was nice that he still came along to cheer her along.
  • I'm gutted - didn't see anyone famous running except a few wombles - saw Sally Gunnell on the bridge but didn't see anyone in the crowd was too busy concentrating on getting one foot in front of the other

not quite a celebraty story but my mum saw someone running that she went to school with and he was so surprised to hear his name shouted that he stopped running to see who it was as he had never had a supporter before and he has done many marathons
    - not that remarkable I know except for the fact that both he and my mother are 75!
  • The only celebs I wanted to spot were Paula Radcliff (saw her get her medal) Steven Redgrave, Sharon Davis and Roger Black (i know he wasn't running but think he is a bit of a babe!) Thanks Pinto - can't wait to apply for next years FLM, didn't get thru this year, so will keep trying. Did the Flora 1/2 & am doing the Blackpool 1/2 aswell so looking forward to that. Really want to beat 2 hours as 2.06 is my best so far! Not bad for a bird who was a total slob 3 years ago!
  • Well done Tracie - keep up the good work. When is the Blackpool half?
  • Blackpool 1/2 is June 22nd, it's a fast course so fingers crossed!
  • I saw Beppey De Marco,aka complicated beard job from East Enders supporting. He shouted, "come on Rod", I shouted, "Cheers Beps"..and then he gave me a funny look.All I can say is, seeing us must have made him realise how unimportant beard trimming really is (sorry, can't stand soap 'stars')...and whilst we're on it. What the hell was Todd Thingy (Mark Fowler) doing starting the kids race?? He's never seen a pair of running shoes in his life! (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)
  • I saw the girly from CBeebies, but have no idea what her name is, and only knew it was her as my daughter had pointed her out at Blackheath.

I was cut up by Darth Vader (if he counts as being a celebrity) and got quite cross. If he had been Dermot O Leary I would have forgiven him !

Didn't see anybody else (too many blimming Wombles and Rhinos around the place!!)
  • The Blackpool 1/2 and marathon sre on my birthday,so may do it as some sort of masochistic celebration.
  • I think I must have taken in so much Orange flavoured LS that it filled up my eyes....

I saw no-one famous!!!!

I guess the photos will prove if I had been Lucozaded!!!