Condi Rice

TmapTmap ✭✭✭
A mosque issues a surprisingly magnanimous invitation to Condi Rice to visit, and then that gets cancelled not because of the mosque itself, but because yobs from the Stop The War coalition threaten to storm it.

And in the reporting today, no-one reports on the mosque director's expressions of dismay at the missed opportunity, they just report on the "up to 40" protesters outside.

It seems that the media story is "MUSLIMS PROTEST AGAINST RICE", as obviously angry protesting Muslims are the only ones who count. It's tragic.

Comments

• Tmap

quite, but i hope a lot of people realise this is more to do with selling newspapers than telling the whole story. Tragic though, if it's reported like this on TV as well?
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    This visit could have been of some benefit to Blackburn. I mean, the place needs all the publicity and promoting it can get.

Just to remind folk ... the decision to go to war was passed by parliament. I don't like it either, but we live in a democracy and you don't always get what you want.

But as usual, a bunch of loudmouths with too much time on their hands has spoiled what could have been a beneficial visit. Discourteous to Condi, to say the least.
  • Yeah God forbid we would be discourteous to Condi. She is such a lovely person herself.
  • TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    I reckon she's there for the big Rovers vs Wigan clash on Monday. I'll be there, but you would have thought they'd have Sky Sports at the State Department.