NIKE WATCH

HAS ANY ONE USED THE S.D.M NIKE WATCH BE INTRESTED IN ANY REPORTS.

Comments

• I have heard it is not so good in the woods, but out in the open it is very good. As I also may buy one I will follow this thread with interest.
  • Hi John,

Have a look through the Gear threads - there's quite a few about the various pros and cons of the Timex and Nike SDMs. (I think Pete S's comment above is about the Timex rather than the Nike)

For what it's worth, I've got the Timex one and I think it's a superb bit of kit.

venom
  • As venom says, there are lots of previous threads on this worth looking up.

I have both, and a summary of my experience is that the Nike is much better as far as accuracy and usability is concerned, but I would say is not worth getting at this stage because there are definite manufacturing/design flaws.
  • Hi John,

Yup, I've posted about my own experiences with the SDM on other threads. It is very accurate and repeatable but I did have some teething troubles getting it working when I first got it. That said, other folks have posted about their experiences and don't seem to have had any problems at all.

One thing to point out, though - the business end of the SDM is a footpod that you tie into the laces of one your shoes. That footpod is, according to the instructions, "splash resistant". I've used it successfully running through puddles and in heavy rain but I don't think it'd cope with being completely submerged in mud or water for long.

Dave