Options

pre fat club, its the weekend tomorrow

Hello
Overslept, so only had time for a 10 minute run, better than nothing
Dont hold out much hope for a good day, there are free sarnies on offer at lunchtime and theres a leaving do tonight
See you tomorrow to confess my sins
Have a good day, all

Comments

• Options
    Just finished the thread about Bowen technique - wow, when you lot have a bee in your bonnet you're scarey! I won't dare ever post anything controversial.

Got up at 4 this morning as Small had to be at school for 5.15 for a trip to France. Then went for a 2.7 miler with lots of hills! Managed to keep going to the top of the worst one, but then had to walk for about 2 mins as my chest felt like someone was striking matches on it (no of course I haven't ever........ silly people!). Still, quite pleased, as the whole thing including the walk took 30 mins. Perhaps there is hope for me in Brighton.
  • Options
    Well done Sassie,see you in brighton!
  • Options
    Morning everyone, had a bad day yesterday - ate some biscuits and then some more. Didn't manage a run. Too busy helping daughter fit heaters in her flat. Great excuse eh. At this rate I will be at the very back of the Brighton run with an extra 10 lbs on me.
  • Options
    Hi Evil Pixie, I am suppose to be working but keep getting told of all these updates which I keep goiong to read. Must do some work today. Willpower lacking today so must ty and avoid the bickie tin in the office. Have even brought running gear to work so will try a run at lunchtime. Note the word try.
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    I'm here. Still stunned by the coolness of V-rap's performance on the Miracle Cure thread last night.
  • Options
    I'm impressed by pre-work runners too. I can't get out of my pit in time to run before work even when I haven't been abusing rogue posters on the forums at midnight the night before.

Good start today, but might fall apart - lunch is provided today because I'm teaching medical students (got them sitting in with Lay-Zee-Boy, Fizgog and the nurse for the next hour - hee!), a patient has just handed in a box of warm aromatic samosas for me, and someone else has brought chocs which I've left in reception. And later...well, it's Friday.
  • Options
    Yeek! Please don't mention THAT thread in case someone is tempted to boing it back to the top.
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    That's exactly why I didn't post my support there. We need garlic, stakes and crucifixes I fear...
  • Options
    Steak and garlic...mmmm. That's Sunday lunch sorted.
  • Options
    EP - if you board work on you college work … not chocolate ;o)
  • Options
    I ment Bored ... nat a piece of wood
  • Options
    My whole spelling thing is going down the toilet today!
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    I bet I can beat you on the boredom stakes. I'm just recalculating a financial model over and over again while it optimises itself. My laptop is overheating!
  • Options
    EP - I feel the same way. Thank Goodness its Friday.
  • Options
    I'm not bored. I'd forgotten how much fun student teaching can be in these days of self-directed learning. Bit of a quiet group today, though - I think I'm going to have to get them doing some huggy-huggy bonding stuff if we're going to survive the next two years together.
  • Options
    I think I’m going to go out and get very drunk tonight ...

... And then lie around all day tomorrow feeling sorry for myself

:o)
  • Options
    you could discuss alternative therapies he he

is it right that losing weight will help relieve bladder problems?
  • Options
    No losing weight is a side affect of bladder problems ;o)
  • Options
    Oh Dear what a shame, lunchtime run now off as its chucking it down. Well you can't come back into the office soaked - can you. See - another excuse.
  • Options
    Hi All

Gosh what have i missed? Computer caught a virus last night so Mr J was earning brownie points fixing it whilst I went to running track and did sub 30min 5k :-) Then when on and spoiled the effort with take away pizza and 2 glasses of wine :-(

Tip for the day. Heinz 99% fat free noodles. Delicious only 3 points ie around 210cals and full of tasty chemicals.

off to see what vrap had a rant about, don't worry will look and not boing.
  • Options
    Oh dear, sounds like rain has stopped just as lunch hour is coming round. HI JJ I too missed vrap rants last night so went on to look and see what it was all about.
  • Options
    Good afternoon everyone - hope you are all enjoying your Fridays as much as you can.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who eats when bored - and my job is so boring too!

I had one of those Big Purple things - bought it at the checkout at Sainsbury's - thought I need some energy to help me lug the shopping up the stairs. Has nuts in it too!

Josie - well done on your sub-30 5K!! That is my goal at the moment. Pizza and 2 glasses of wine is not that bad - you don't want your body to think it's going into starvation mode after all...

This morning I have eaten a bowl of cornflakes (early) and then 2 small bowls of leftover rice & curry (home-made so not too fatty). And I digestive I think - terrible - can't remember - what else have I eaten that I can't remember.

Re the suicide 6 - is it hard to get to by public transport? I mean would i have to walk 5 miles from the station or something?

Must start - I mean get back to - some work!